California bans same-sex marriage - ban overturned

When I was a Christian, contrary to expectations, I was (and still am) "pro-choice".

The church I was with was anti-contraception/family planning. I disagreed with that stance, too.

They were generally anti-gay, too. Again, I disagreed with that.

The thing is, you can have a faith, and not necessarily conform 100% to the beliefs or practises of the faith. (I'm sure that most Catholic Christians are against the priests' who "kiddie-fiddle", and I know, personally, of many Catholics who practise birth control, contrary to the Vatican's teachings)

My personal take on faith is that I believe that God (or the DOYC) expects us to exercise some reasoning when it comes to our practises.

Ok, again thats a pretty good argument and I'll retract what I said about you not being a proper Muslim if you are tollerant to homosexuality! With what you've said about exercising reasoning etc, what actually made you turn from Christianity to being a Muslim? Just interested....

K, point now received so to speak. I apologise for insulting you in light of the fact that you did not do so first..... and your argument very well put, I'll give you that.

Is someone who loves MrNM using his computer and SF account? :hihi::hihi:

That's cool, fella. I like debating with you; you test my opinions and occasionally rile the hell out of me! :thumbsup:

Ok, again thats a pretty good argument and I'll retract what I said about you not being a proper Muslim if you are tollerant to homosexuality! With what you've said about exercising reasoning etc, what actually made you turn from Christianity to being a Muslim? Just interested....

Shall we fresh thread this one if PT fancies getting into this? (I guess she's done so previously)

Is someone who loves MrNM using his computer and SF account? :hihi::hihi:

That's cool, fella. I like debating with you; you test my opinions and occasionally rile the hell out of me! :thumbsup:

No mate, it's me! I can wade in with a view point arguing black is white and be a bit of a sod with it, but if someone is persistant enough with their arguments and their arguments are good ones then I will eventualy open up and don't mind admiting it when I think I've been a little narrow minded with something or even admting that my opinions can change and adapt on the odd rare occasion. I guess whats lead to my thoughts being challenged in this area is that if I did have a son that was Gay then I'd be gutted, probably because it means he's not the same and that it would mean him & the family getting stick, but I also know that I'd still love him, be proud of him and ultimately protect his interests.... I'd be a little uneasy but I'd not be ashamed of a Gay son..... I'd happly be best mates with any Gay man so much as I'd happily be best mates with a Straight man (as in it would not be a factor in why the friendship exists) so there you have it.......

Shall we fresh thread this one if PT fancies getting into this? (I guess she's done so previously)

Might knok something up on this later on, see if PT wants to share, and if anyone else has changed from one to the other and why...

No mate, it's me!

I love that feeling of being proved wrong (I'm just as happy to wade in with what I think*!) as it gives me that buzz of learning that you don't get as much as an adult.

Respect.

* It's not arrogance, just confidence.

Nonsense. We've elected a black American as president. That speaks volumes in itself.

I'll repeat the question again. When will the UK elect a non-white Prime Minister

When there's a decent non-white candidate, it's simple really.

It could and will eventually definately happen.

Interesting that you advise Plain Talker to keep her tolerant attitude from her religious bretheren, as you would have to keep yours from your church... if you were a tolerant person, that is.

:hihi: I just imagined commenting further on how, in some alternative world, you might be entirely accepting of gays, and then the name HarleyMan just brought to mind a big, old, gay biker bear, protesting too much about how much he likes women! Hell, Yeah! :hihi:

You're fantasizing about me aint ya? Weren't my intention to touch bases with a Sheffield fag. However you're out of luck with me Daisy Mae.

I'm sure anyway that there are big gay bikers in Sheffield and at least one of them would be real happy to make you his bitch :hihi::hihi::hihi:

Good answer and at least honest. The English attitude towards the prospect of a non-white prime minister is definitely negative and basically racist

You are profoundly mistaken on this point, harleyman. Methinks that you have been away from the UK too long. The prospect of a non-white (or half -or quarter-white) PM would not phase most British people at all, providing he was good enough and was not peddling a racist agenda.

Incidentally, was not that fine example of straight-laced moral rectitude J.Edgar Hoover as bent as a corkscrew?

You're fantasizing about me aint ya? Weren't my intention to touch bases with a Sheffield fag. However you're out of luck with me Daisy Mae.

I'm sure anyway that there are big gay bikers in Sheffield and at least one of them would be real happy to make you his bitch :hihi::hihi::hihi:

Nor mine to attract ignorant vitriol. I've not reported the post - not my style, but that language is offensive, aside from missing the point (again).

I'd rather that you didn't post like that again, please. (BTW, I'm not looking for a mod's job any more than I'm looking to be some leather clad eedjit's bitch)

Archived