California bans same-sex marriage - ban overturned

Getting back on topic I think its good to see same sex marriage banned,it makes a mockery of why it was invented in the first place.Homsexuals should not be alowed to marry like the rest of us,they are not going to have kids are they so why bother???

I've never read so much **** crammed into two sentances like that before.

"why it was invented in the first place"; you must like the idea of women being chattel then.

"homsexuals should not be alowed to marry like the rest of us"; they are us.

:roll:

I'm gay. I'm also having a civil partnership in a few months time. I also happen to have two childen. Your thinking is flawed.

The only thing that bothers me about gay or any recorded agreements is the fact that ,today we may live in a free society,what about tomorrow. history does have a habit.

My partner nobikejohn and I are having our own civil partnership in the Spring. We are busily devising the actual ceremony, choosing music, poems, etc.

Interestingly, it all has to be vetted and approved by the Registrar - solely to ensure that it does not contain any religious references or hymns, is devoid of any mention of a god, and any religious quotations - including any passages from the bible - will all be struck out.

As a sop to the churches, many of whom opposed gay civil partnerships, no religious content is allowed in the actual ceremony. As it happens, neither of us are religious, so it doesn't matter to us. But it does matter to other gay couples, some of whom are religious, who wanted to affirm their love within the context of their religious beliefs - but the churches weren't having any of that.

My fiancee and I have been told the same thing when we get married in a next summer, she was a bit upset as she would have liked a hymn at the wedding. So I don't think that it is a gay civil partnership thing as the rule seems to apply to civil weddings as well.

Getting back on topic I think its good to see same sex marriage banned,it makes a mockery of why it was invented in the first place.Homsexuals should not be alowed to marry like the rest of us,they are not going to have kids are they so why bother???

Marriage was 'invented' in the first place to pass property (women) from one man (father) to another man (husband). I'm happy for us to move away from that, frankly.

I'm not gay, but if its 'us' on one side and 'them' on the other, I'm with 'them'.

Thanks for that link esme I think its brilliant. so well put.

I'm gay. I'm also having a civil partnership in a few months time. I also happen to have two childen. Your thinking is flawed.

Not at all your the one who is flawed, well your behaviour is, so are you saying you are bi sexual ? or did you decide to turn gay?either way its not exactly normal or morally good behaviour is it?

And before you report me or anyone else does you was the one who brought your private situation to this topic.

Not at all your the one who is flawed, well your behaviour is, so are you saying you are bi sexual ? or did you decide to turn gay?either way its not exactly normal or morally good behaviour is it?

And before you report me or anyone else does you was the one who brought your private situation to this topic.

Have you ever heard of the closet? It's where most homosexuals live you know, to escape the prejudice that the small minded people throw at them.

what an ugly, objectionable, and prejudiced comment.

Archived