California bans same-sex marriage - ban overturned

There's always one. Dullard.

Well there certainly isn't such a thing as a same sex marriage in the UK. I believe they call it a civil partnership. Perhaps in the US same sex couple are granted a "marriage certificate" like opposite sex couples.

*typical one line insulting response from Halibut btw.

Surely it is not possible to ban same sex marriages since marriage itself is between a man and a woman?

Nah it just means a combination of two things that complement each other eg broccoli and cheese, strawberries and cream, dogs and humans (ok, that's a personal one!)

But seriously, any two entities that work well together can be described as a 'marriage'.

Edit: Just realised that your post doesn't make sense and I'd misread it! :)

Well there certainly isn't such a thing as a same sex marriage in the UK. I believe they call it a civil partnership. Perhaps in the US same sex couple are granted a "marriage certificate" like opposite sex couples.

*typical one line insulting response from Halibut btw.

Get you. It must be such a drain on your intellect.

Get you. It must be such a drain on your intellect.

I don't know why you bother posting if you are not contributing and just wish to have a go. You're accustomed to those replies because it takes no thought. It's become routine for you though so I don't blame you, you can't help it. Habits are terrible things.

As a California voter I wonder therefore why activists against gay marriage spend so much time gathering thosands of signatures and when it qualifies for a ballot measure subjecting us to endless junk mail from both sides of the issue, the recorded telephone calls (always while we're eating) to urge us to vote for this side or that side and then having to fill out voter slips and mail them off to the Reagistrar of Voters plus having to spend 45 cents on a stamp.

I really have no hostility to gay marriage but I think voters are being subjected to a collosal waste of time and propaganda if a judge can rule the decison as unconstitutional after the votes have been cast and counted

That should be the end of it but it wont be. There will be appeals against the judge's decison and we'll all be subjected once more to endless rhetoric from the news media, and activists on both sides spouting loads of wind and <REMOVED>.

The issue is far from settled at this stage and no doubt will drag on for an eternity

Borrrring !

Breaking news...it's ok to have gay marriages in California!

California's same-sex marriage ban overturned

A federal judge has overturned California's same-sex marriage ban in a landmark case that could eventually reach the US Supreme Court.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/7927446/Californias-same-sex-marriage-ban-overturned.html

As a California voter I wonder therefore why activists against gay marriage spend so much time gathering thosands of signatures and when it qualifies for a ballot measure subjecting us to endless junk mail from both sides of the issue, the recorded telephone calls (always while we're eating) to urge us to vote for this side or that side and then having to fill out voter slips and mail them off to the Reagistrar of Voters plus having to spend 45 cents on a stamp.

I really have no hostility to gay marriage but I think voters are being subjected to a collosal waste of time and propaganda if a judge can rule the decison as unconstitutional after the votes have been cast and counted

That should be the end of it but it wont be. There will be appeals against the judge's decison and we'll all be subjected once more to endless rhetoric from the news media, and activists on both sides spouting loads of wind and p*ss.

The issue is far from settled at this stage and no doubt will drag on for an eternity

Borrrring !

If I was gay then I would be very angry at my freedoms being restricted, so I have enormous empathy for those that are fighting to maintain those rights. I do however fail to understand why so many spend so much time and money in fighting for the erosion of other people's rights, which has no impact on their lives whatsoever.

Last night Channel 4 allowed Stephen Green a platform to preach his homophobic nonsense. They could have chosen from any number of odious religious homophobes, like Ann Widdecombe, Anjem Choudary or the Westboro Baptists, to tell us that homosexuality is an abomination unto God. With so many scriptural prohibitions to choose from why do campaigners like Green always focus on homosexuality?

Some people would like to ban drinking, music, and dancing. In some parts of the world these bans are in place. I'd hate to think that the brave people who have stood up against clerical demands to restrict freedoms are casually dismissed as borrrring.

Archived