Where is the line drawn on trolling?

I think trolling is best identified as a pattern of behaviour rather than a single post or two. A 'for instance' being: if you were to spring up on various threads with a common theme, just to make a snide little remark and then disappear again without any attempt to justify your position. (One particular user I have in mind ... feel perfectly free to get paranoid now :D:rolleyes:)

Some people simply cant stop themselves from dropping the occasional badly disguised insult into their posts, especially on threads that are started by people they dislike for whatever reason.

Thats the most cowardly troll of all, the ill disguised insults.

Very childish.

Yet some people have nothing better to do than to wind others up day in day out with coments on threads which they do not have a stake in. Like a fairly common one is racism. Some people are very polite and divert a lot of comments, but when the times are tough, well... you stand up for yourself.

Bartfarst is one of these people who had a very decent set of opinions, but got told off because what he said in actual fact were not liked by some. For me, he made a lot of sense, and it was why I was drawn to this site to begin with, because he was actually very very blunt and direct.

Nowadays, the forum is really showing a different set of character which I don't particularly like. Maybe times have indeed changed. I can also sense the aggression from individuals and their take on things, even though years ago, you may think that some people were fair-minded.

A troll on this forum is a way to stop some controversial things to be said. Yet, it allows other type of controversial opinions and comments to be made bypassing the radar of the Mods. If you happen to be an ethnic minority on this forum, then heck, you have to take it or lump it luv!

Troll alert..Troll alert..Troll alert.........

yeah i think it does and sometimes it can be funny :lol:

Trolling can be inerpreted as anything from making insulting and off topic posts on a thread, starting a thread to deliberately upset people- there are dozens of different interpretations and only a few can be definately called trolling but everyone has a different interpretation of it.

Hmmm, Pinkpanties, very interesting username. Discuss........ :hihi:

Archived