Where is the line drawn on trolling?

Bartfarst is one of these people who had a very decent set of opinions, but got told off because what he said in actual fact were not liked by some. For me, he made a lot of sense, and it was why I was drawn to this site to begin with, because he was actually very very blunt and direct.

He had his own opinion which others did not like, so they screamed troll.....and thats just what he became.

I agree with your post 100% bago, so now i will be the troll ;)

He had his own opinion which others did not like, so they screamed troll.....and thats just what he became.

I agree with your post 100% bago, so now i will be the troll ;)

A lot of people agree with this so I suppose 50% of the forum are trolls too! Barty- or at least his incarnations over the past 18 months or so were mostly manufactured by people on the forum who basically dogged his every move from the start and even had a go when he wasnt online.

Hes the monster that they made him, hes simply reacting to the way hes treated as anyone would do.

There is a huge difference between voicing opinions and being outright offensive. Some people, when pulled up about being offensive, claim that it was just a bit of fun whilst others describe it as trolling. At the end of the day if you can't get your message across without descending into name calling, foul language, bullying or character defamation then you're no longer welcome on this forum.

There is a huge difference between voicing opinions and being outright offensive. Some people, when pulled up about being offensive, claim that it was just a bit of fun whilst others describe it as trolling. At the end of the day if you can't get your message across without descending into name calling, foul language, bullying or character defamation then you're no longer welcome on this forum.

When I was bullied on several occassions, who helped me?

Some people are kind enough to step in at times, but Mods don't do their job well, and nor do they look at the brewing texts and the tone of the posts sometimes.

Anyway, I won't say any more about my experiences, but I can assure you that I was not impressed with it. I know that from protocol, if one wants to air one's honest views, then she will be clamped down, and actually banned for a "forum holiday".

What I always fear is that because you do this so often, whether it is just or not, you end up creating a bunch of people who need to vent their frustration out in some form or another. What I really do fear is that, this kind of emotions are bottled by some nutters and gets released elsewhere.

So many online personas, and I can see every one of them changes through time... and you also get a little bit cynical as well. That's kind of scary.

When I was bullied on several occassions, who helped me?

Some people are kind enough to step in at times, but Mods don't do their job well, and nor do they look at the brewing texts and the tone of the posts sometimes.

Anyway, I won't say any more about my experiences, but I can assure you that I was not impressed with it. I know that from protocol, if one wants to air one's honest views, then she will be clamped down, and actually banned for a "forum holiday".

What I always fear is that because you do this so often, whether it is just or not, you end up creating a bunch of people who need to vent their frustration out in some form or another. What I really do fear is that, this kind of emotions are bottled by some nutters and gets released elsewhere.

So many online personas, and I can see every one of them changes through time... and you also get a little bit cynical as well. That's kind of scary.

bago, we do not always agree with each other on here but i can remember vividly when you were hounded nearly every time you posted and it did seem like there was no one there {the mods} to balance the scales a little.

i hope you have bounced back from it and continue to post exactly what you feel on here:)

Correct, yet they still scream at what they created. :thumbsup:

barty was honest, straight forward and blunt, he was hounded day and night be a select few on here who just cannot handle hearing the truth.

it is a shame that free speech is not free:(.

barty in my eyes was a hero:D

Archived