Where is the line drawn on trolling?

none of th stuff he posted in a long time has been anything but valid comment, said calmy based on fact.

i'd have to disagree bobcat. 75% of what he has posted recently has just been designed to hurt people.

i don't like the guy

but i have an open mind, and if he turns over a new leaf and shows us his nicer side

...i'm more than willing to change my mind about him :)

All too easy for you to knock them when they cant talk back, saying little egos and inane drivel but none of th stuff he posted in a long time has been anything but valid comment, said calmy based on fact.

doesnt stop you from deleting it off thn saying it was inane drivel though does it when he cant argue back?

There are forum rules which relate to people not being allowed more than one user id. If people transgress these rules then they lose the right to post. It's the same on all fora, they're private enterprises and the rules are promulgated by the owner and posters agree to abide by them.

I absolutely agree, I am sorry if I upset anyone but I honestly thought that Bartfast was an arrogant, and nasty person, an opinion is one thing but nastiness is another...I neither respect nor miss him!

When he first came on SF I thought he was trolling, over time I think that he has now morphed into a Walter Mitty character.

i'd have to disagree bobcat. 75% of what he has posted recently has just been designed to hurt people.

i don't like the guy

Intersting, cause he doesnt like or dislike people based on what they post. i'd be intersted to know what 75% you read that was designed to hurt people

Intersting, cause he doesnt like or dislike people based on what they post. i'd be intersted to know what 75% you read that was designed to hurt people

the posts have been deleted because of their nature bob....

incidentally....are you married to him????

seem to remember reading a post saying something along the lines of 'because of who i'm married to'

and coupled with your current stance....

do you know him? :)

There are forum rules which relate to people not being allowed more than one user id. If people transgress these rules then they lose the right to post. It's the same on all fora, they're private enterprises and the rules are promulgated by the owner and posters agree to abide by them.
Not disputing that for a minute max, not saying bans arent due for that, just think its a bit off for a mod to be saying 'little egos' and inane drivel we both know he posted many good points and was mostly far from drivel. we also both know he reved people up but wasn't the first one to sling insults

Fine to say hes not allowedto post and will always be banned, bit off for a mod to distort things,

I'm wondering whether a really stupid poster/debater on here could actually hide behind the label "troll" - i.e his/her posts argue, indefensibly, that black is white and when shown up to be entirely foolish then move to argue against his/her own points - all in a few moments - and then retire labelled as a TROLL (rather than as a FOOL) thinking this is debate rather than a perverse desire to pick an argument.

Someone else on an earlier post on this same topic called it ....-stirring. Very apt.

Would TROLLS last five minutes in a face-to-face bar-room debate, though?

Archived