Finding where a dead relative is buried

MTheo

Ok, I’m trying to help my mum in finding where her dad is buried, he was not well thought of by my nan or my auntie and my mum refuses to get any info of them as it may upset them….here lies the problem.

The basic information I can muster is he died in early to mid 1990’s, and was most likely buried at the Chingford Mount Cemetary in London, his name was possibly one of these variants (unsure due to the german background and split from my nan as to what name he used)

Joe or Joseph

- Bowers

- Bower

- Bauer

- Bauers

Any ideas? I was going to find the cemetery and phone them up but unsure what they could advise with such sketchy details.

You can actually search on this website http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=cr&CRid=658396 but there doesn't appear to be any of the names there.

I would give them a ring, they should be able to help - 020 8524 5030

Interestingly the Krays are buried there!

ta!

yeah my Nan knew the krays! and as my Granddad was seen as dodgy he prob did as well haha

Hi MTheo

this is the only entry I can find in the timeframe that would have been in the Waltham Forest/ Chingford area.....

Name: Joseph Ernest Bauer

Birth Date: 29 Dec 1921

Death Registration Month/Year: Dec 1996

Age at death (estimated): 75

Registration district: Waltham Forest

Inferred County: London

Register number: E7

District and Subdistrict: 2551E

Entry Number: 138

This is obvously not the answer to your question but might give you something to go on..... obtaining a copy of the death certificate (if indeed it is him) might give you some clue as it would give an address at time of death and an informant.

Good Luck

Devlin

Hi MTheo

this is the only entry I can find in the timeframe that would have been in the Waltham Forest/ Chingford area.....

Name: Joseph Ernest Bauer

Birth Date: 29 Dec 1921

Death Registration Month/Year: Dec 1996

Age at death (estimated): 75

Registration district: Waltham Forest

Inferred County: London

Register number: E7

District and Subdistrict: 2551E

Entry Number: 138

This is obvously not the answer to your question but might give you something to go on..... obtaining a copy of the death certificate (if indeed it is him) might give you some clue as it would give an address at time of death and an informant.

Good Luck

Devlin

ohh thanks a lot, that sounds a good possibilty! may give me a chance to track this person down to a grave anyways....morbid as that sounds

Well I checked with my mum and she says that his b'day was in december and that was the year of his death so think that HAS to be correct guy, have requested death certificate...thanks...will be interesting pressie if i find some relatives my mum never knew she had.

Well i've had a productive day at work haha.

found him! thanks for your help, he was at City of London cemetary, couldnt of done it without the details provided above so big thanks, my mum will be made up she can actually visit his grave for the first time.

Archived