Best bar or pub in sheffield

cheeseman

I like the Wellington (ex Cask and Cutler), The Hillsborough Hotel and The Harlequin. I rarely get to the Kelham Island Tavern but I'm always impressed when I do.

For town centre pubs I like The Red Lion on Charles St and The Red Deer off West St

Cannot Agree with the commercial "Chapeltown Beer is not particularly well kept and not exactly the best welcome in world either.

Let me know the details and I will raise it personally with the landlord for you. I bet whatever day you went in it wasn't a Friday as the lads who work a Friday night set an exemplary example. Quite often there is one serving, one taking the money and one providing a smile.

Not sure what you mean about the beer. Specify the pint you were unhappy with and on what day and I will personally check on that batch for you. Usually everything is tip top. The Wentworth Imperial is a particular favourite of one local who sups AT LEAST 2 pints in 4 hours!

I must agree that it won't have been a Friday night, the team who work there on a Friday set a fine example. It is always a delight to see such patriotic uniforms as well.

As for the Wentworth Imperial, who can fault this fine gentleman for drinking it. It is a superb drink, I can honestly say I have never had a bad pint of it.

• 1 month later...

Most improved pub for me must be the Old Crown on Penistone Road new landlord over last 12-15 months really transformed pub better environment a decent pint and far better bar staff than ;previous it deserves a visit !

THANK YOU. It's nice to be appreciated. We work hard to deliver excellent customer service in a comfortable, friendly atmosphere.

Thank you again.

Claire & Barry

Old Crown

Penistone Road

Tel. 2811967

Quality Traditional food served 6 days a week.

Kelham Island Tavern or Fat Cat would get my vote. The Riverside gets an honourable mention for stocking a White Rose Brewery beer at all times!

The beer in the Riverside had been very poor the last few times I had been in - so much so I don't bother now.

Also, even though it is a bit girly, I like All Bar One. It's good for a start to the night in town. Good beer too.

I have never understood the attraction of this place - I walked out on a freebie supplier sponsored night a week before Christmas due to the incessant din of the place which just gets louder and louder and more echoey, it was sending me mad.

On top of that they have no hand-pulled ale, which is what I want to drink.

Archived