Cheapest Italian in Sheffield...

ChrisML123

Hi there

We have been to La Gondola a couple of times and rate is resonably high. The food is good and the service good also - neither particularly outstanding though. I would personally recommend flying pizza (pizza volante) right at the very top of west street. The food is better and is very resonably priced. One down side is that the service is not very good, however the food has always more than made up for it and it is still my favorite italian in Sheffield. My family have been going there for 10 years.

regards

John

Hi thanks for taking trouble to reply. Have booked La Gondola as I rang and they were so helpful. Bringing a menu to the Theatre tonite so people can see what they would like. Hows that for service!! It is not far to walk from theatre. Friends have been to Pizza Volante and I know its good but rather a long way to trek after a night on the boards. If you would like a free ticket for the play I will have one ready . You can bring a friend!!Tell me what night you would like.Check http://www.53group.org.uk for details. It is an amazing play-Sammy.xx

Hi,

I went to La Gondola for the first time recently and I personally didn't rate it. It wasn't dreadful so I wouldn't suggest staying away but I thought the menu was pretty limited and unnappealing and there wasn't much of an inviting atmosphere in there.

But it's all down to tastes, and I don't particularly fancy myself as a connoiseur of Italian cuisine!

However, I think Piccolos at the top of West Street is pretty good :)

Only been to Picallos once and didnt rate it at all. We were put upstairs on our own and so felt like we were eating in the upstairs room at my nan's. As we were the only ones up there they seemed to forget about us. The food was very dull also. i suppose i ought to give it another chance, but get the feeling i wont be impressed again.

Worst Italian? Has to be Marinellos on eccy road. Food - crap. Service - so bad i didnt tip and i ALWAYS tip. Price - absolute unbelievable rip off. Never again will i step foot in there. utter pants!

We went to La Gondola on Friday 14th November at 9.45pm and had a fantastic evening. The service was great ,the wine and food first class and the entertainment afterwards was great fun. The waiters were not eager to get rid of us which is what happens in other places when they want to clear up. They put on some great music and we were able to dance and really relax after a night on the boards at the theatre (See previous post) We would certainly go again the prices were good and I like the look of that Christmas menu!!We are planning another session!

Archived