Where to go on a Saturday night?

Panther Rose

:help: My friends & I (all women) are wanting a night out in Sheffield BUT four don't want to go a night club. We all agree on going out on Saturday, but we can't seem to agree on WHERE we should go. All of us believe in having a good laugh and we all have a wicked sense of humour :hihi:

Does anyone have any idea. Oh, for information purpose, all of us are over 30. Our ages shouldn't make a difference but may narrow things a bit.

Over 30? Avoid West Street like the plague! Full of drunken fools and young late teen 20 something girls wearing very little! Most Pubs on West St are a rip off as well, £2.70 a Pint?! Eh?! Call me a cheapskate, but even at Town prices I refuse on principle to pay more than £2.50 for my drinks.

Over 30? Avoid West Street like the plague! Full of drunken fools and young late teen 20 something girls wearing very little! Most Pubs on West St are a rip off as well, £2.70 a Pint?! Eh?! Call me a cheapskate, but even at Town prices I refuse on principle to pay more than £2.50 for my drinks.

Whats wrong with 20 something year old girls wearing very little?

Whats wrong with 20 something year old girls wearing very little?

It can lead to them getting unwanted attention... Or God forbid... Worse.

Come on, surely even YOU aren't THAT clueless you don't how dangerous it is in Town on a Saturday night for anybody, much less some slip of a girl wearing next to nowt.

we intend to stay away from west street. I l hear that london road is supposed to be quite good. So come on forum members PLEASE give me some ideas for where to go for a good night out :help:

Trying to think where on earth you'd mean on London Road. There's R&R, Scholar and The Cremorne but, with perhaps the exception of the Cremorne, can't think where you'd mean. :huh:

Do you mean Eccy road? That's ok for a night out every so often, I like the Nursery, Porterbrook and further back, the Porter Cottage but it's not perhaps a "big night out" night out. Menzels is nice for a glass of wine but you do get the twobobmillionaires in. *Note to self - must have night on Eccy Road soon.*

What sort of night are you looking for? Is it cocktails and stuff or good music(and what does that constitute in your eyes?) or bargain drinks?

Archived