Ivy Cottage Shiregreen

puddinburner

Just thought you might like to know it was owned by Thomas Bolsover the inventor of Sheffield plate. It used to have a forge downstairs and people lived upstairs. It has big oak beam inside downstairs with a carving of the Sheffield cutlers crest - it also had loads of damp!!!!!! from the dam but that was years ago and hopefully the present owners have sorted that problem out.:)

Does anyone know where this is or was? Know about Holly cottage but did a painting of Ivy cottage from and old photo and haven't a clue where it is:)

Hi, Ivy House/Cottage is on Nethershire Lane. Walk up from Hartley Brook shops towards Sicey Avenue on the left hand side and you will see it.

:)

• 2 weeks later...

You see, there is a definate confusion between Holly cottage, which I believed to be the one on Nethershire Lane, stands on it's own about central in Nethershire Lane.....and this IVY cottage, which is where????

Poss IVY cottage is the one down the back of Holly bottom of drive??

Anyway Saturn, this painting of Ivy cottage? open to offers, in oil and acrylic, could be the very same in Fullwood? and the publishers of the photo got it wrong stating it was in Shiregreen:)

i thought the large detached house [ now split into bedsits] was holly house?

the cottage down the drive is called holly cottage as its owned by a freind, its up for sale at the moment

Oh yes...seen this for sale on a search..they want 250k for a two bed cottage on Shiregreen? and it is called Holly not Ivy:hihi:

A little steep given the area on thinks but good luck to them.

Does anyone know where this is or was? Know about Holly cottage but did a painting of Ivy cottage from and old photo and haven't a clue where it is:)

I think Ivy cottage, is on Nethershire Lane, I walk past the cottage, when I come to your house on the 47 bus,:huh::huh::huh:

Oh yes...seen this for sale on a search..they want 250k for a two bed cottage on Shiregreen? and it is called Holly not Ivy:hihi:

A little steep given the area on thinks but good luck to them.

So sorry I was wrong it is holly cottage on Nethershire, because I have noticed a Holly tree growing at the front of the cottage now I come to think of it:hihi::hihi::hihi:

Archived