Ivy Cottage Shiregreen

puddinburner

That's def Holly not ivy..lol, of all the tree's that are in the wood the Holly bares the crown:) This was an mid 19th century cottage, poss long gone, would be nice for the painting to go to the family/ relatives who once lived there?

On my next painting now but the subject is a very much alive and kicking horse this time...lol

Thanks anywayxx

• 2 weeks later...
You see, there is a definate confusion between Holly cottage, which I believed to be the one on Nethershire Lane, stands on it's own about central in Nethershire Lane.....and this IVY cottage, which is where????

Poss IVY cottage is the one down the back of Holly bottom of drive??

Anyway Saturn, this painting of Ivy cottage? open to offers, in oil and acrylic, could be the very same in Fullwood? and the publishers of the photo got it wrong stating it was in Shiregreen:)

There is more than one Ivy Cottage in Sheffield. The one to which I refer is at Wire Mill Dam in the Mayfield Valley. I have seen paintings of it before as it is quiet pretty. It is a double brick cottage knocked into one with a couple of slightly smaller stone ones built onto the left side. It dates from 1756ish.

holly cottage is the one at the bottom of the drive which is at the side of holly house which is the large detached house on nethershire lane,

the cottage as mentioned is up for sale for circa £250k but may have been reduced now,

the house was at one point a family home but was split up into bedsits about 5 years ago.

Archived