A Tale for Remembrance Day

Falls

Hi Falls,

I enjoyed your remembrance story. I smiled all the way through and laughed loudest at this bit:

"Well the Bugler did it, although as someone said later, he played so fast it could easily have been mistaken as the signal for cavalry to charge."

I could really picture that unfortunate but hilarious scene,

cheers

Yes, definitely an amusing take on Remembrance Day, especially the parting shot for the conclusion! I'm intrigued to know where the flag was found, the year it went missing...

Falls "I might not be here" sounds a bit ominous! I hope you didn't mean anything too sinister by it :o

Hi,

Thanks for your comments.

Regarding the missing flag. Its a long time ago but as far as I recall, it was found in the back of a cupboard where they kept cleaning supplies. This just happened to be in part of the Ladies toilet/restroom suite.

As to my health, I feel fine; however, at my age I tend not to make plans too far into the future.

Regards

A good one Falls or should I say another good one.

I know we shouldn’t jest about Remembrance Day but I couldn’t help chuckle a bit, in fact I did have visions of Dads Army.:hihi:

With regards to “So here it is, mistakes and all” I think it was probably your best yet.

Sorry it took me so long to read, been a bit busy, anyway keep them coming mate.

Nice one.:thumbsup:

• 2 months later...

Archived