Fashion focus manor top

kirky

just drove past and its a spar now.....generations of chavs have bought there anual holiday clobber from this icon of fashion,it only seems like yesterday when i was getting my oxford bags and star jumper....its a sad day:(

Guest Cutglass

noticed it when we came up on Good Friday, taxi driver us took us up Granville Road to Manor Top and then down Mansfield, I assumed it had been changed awhile ago. Used to shop there myself when I first left home 20 years ago, and then went to Manor Top chippy for my greasy chips. But Spar next to Somerfield...........it is still Somerfield innit, can remember when it was Gateway.

Guest Cutglass

generations of chavs have bought there anual holiday clobber from this icon of fashion

Postscript: but I'm not a Chav and never have been, don't want anyone getting the wrong idea, was an early punk for quite awhile.

Originally posted by kirky

just drove past and its a spar now.....generations of chavs have bought there anual holiday clobber from this icon of fashion,it only seems like yesterday when i was getting my oxford bags and star jumper....its a sad day:(

I remember that shop well my mum used to go in a lot.:)

Originally posted by kirky

Kirky, I'm sure I've seen you in there buying a "tank top" jumper? And that was only last year. :)

Seriously though…..it's the passing of an era.

Originally posted by stevie1957

Kirky, I'm sure I've seen you in there buying a "tank top" jumper? And that was only last year. :)

Seriously though…..it's the passing of an era.

He was only in there because the Oxfam shop was closed :P

Originally posted by shieshuk

The one in Woodseats closed years ago and is now a charity shop for St Lukes Hospice...didn't realise other shops survived albeit for only a while longer....

I'd better stop pulling Kirky's leg...he cleans my windows....:)

Archived