Help please family tree charles jackson 1837

roughy101

How very strange roughy101................ think she will either be illegitimate or her mother just simply wanted to hide the identity of her father or indeed not have him on the MC.

Out of interest Ancestry has this marriage registered twice with 2 different spellings

1) Wilberham

2) Wilbuham

What name did it state for Emmas mother on the certificate

Dev

How very strange roughy101................ think she will either be illegitimate or her mother just simply wanted to hide the identity of her father or indeed not have him on the MC.

Out of interest Ancestry has this marriage registered twice with 2 different spellings

1) Wilberham

2) Wilbuham

What name did it state for Emmas mother on the certificate

Dev

hi devlin it was spelt wilberham on the marriage cert.i have deleted 1 of the trees on ancestry,for some reason it had duplicated.i am trying to find mary anne wilberham marriage without much luck:thumbsup:

marriage cert just arrived and thanks duffems it was his marriage,it gives his fathers mame as benjamine so i was in the right track,but desnt give fathers name for emma wilberham it gives the mothers,on other marriage cert if the father is dead it states deceased could she have been illigitemate:confused:

Brilliant! I love it when a plan comes together!

The father's name wasn't always given as "deceased" on a marriage certificate so you can't assume he was.

It's possible she was illegitimate, what do you have on her birth background?

Duffems

I think its bad luck that Emma was born before civil registration started. According to the census (where I have found her with Charles in 1881, 1891 and 1901) she was 2 years older than Charles so would have been born around 1835. What is really frustrating is that the census does not provide any clues for Wilberhams prior to Emma marrying Charles ie where she was with her mother in 1841 and 1851. I think this might suggest that she was born with some other name ??

on the 1861 census charles is listed as charley jackson ,emma is listed being born chesterfield .on the IGI there is the record of emma wilberham being christened chesterfield 1839 mother sarah wilberham ,no father listed

Yes..I have seen that too but it's not the same spelling (Wilbraham) and the mother is called Sarah where as on the marriage certificate she is a Mary Ann. However, spellings have evolved and names were used differently too so who knows?

The 1861 census entry is definately Charley and Emma... now there is only 1871 missing

Archived