Help please family tree charles jackson 1837

roughy101

on the 1861 census charles is listed as charley jackson ,emma is listed being born chesterfield .on the IGI there is the record of emma wilberham being christened chesterfield 1839 mother sarah wilberham ,no father listed

Spent most of last night thinking about this after Lobster had raised it;

Firstly..... Ancestry has this birth registered in March 1839 but there is no chrisitan name it says Wilbraham...Female...Chesterfield... Volume X1X page 92.

Secondly.... IGI has a christening listed on 30th March 1839 in Chesterfield (as lobster says above) child is Christened Emma and under parents only Sarah is listed the father section is left blank.

It may be a cruel twist of coincidence but I think there is possibly something in this. Wilbraham listings are few and far between (with Wilberham and Wilbuham spelt listings being even more frugal) and to have the 2 things above ....followed up in 1856 when Chas and Emma married there being no father listed........................????

Maybe worth a punt to try and obtain this BC but will it tell you anything ??

There is another angle you could consider. If we are on to the right family they can be traced on the early census docs so....

In 1841 Emma Wilbraham (11) is at home in Crich Derbyshire with mother Sarah(45) sister Harriet (20) and sister Eliza (15). Eliza Wilbraham later marries in Belper in 1844 (but there a several men on this list) so ordering her MC will tell you who she married but what will it say about who her father is ??? This is 12 years before Emma marries so maybe it might tell you more or maybe at least one of the siblings "wanted" thier fathers name on ?? mind boggling init !!!

I realise this is all expense but I suppose it depends on how bad you want to know

Dev

There is another angle you could consider. If we are on to the right family they can be traced on the early census docs so....

In 1841 Emma Wilbraham (11) is at home in Crich Derbyshire with mother Sarah(45) sister Harriet (20) and sister Eliza (15). Eliza Wilbraham later marries in Belper in 1844 (but there a several men on this list) so ordering her MC will tell you who she married but what will it say about who her father is ??? This is 12 years before Emma marries so maybe it might tell you more or maybe at least one of the siblings "wanted" thier fathers name on ?? mind boggling init !!!

IGNORE THIS LAST BIT....MY MISTAKE THIS CAN'T POSSIBLY BE HER IF SHE WAS BORN IN 1839.......SHE WOULD HAVE ONLY BEEN 2 AT THE TIME OF THE 1841 CENSUS..............SORRY FOR THE MISLEADING INFO

Spent most of last night thinking about this after Lobster had raised it;

Firstly..... Ancestry has this birth registered in March 1839 but there is no chrisitan name it says Wilbraham...Female...Chesterfield... Volume X1X page 92.

Secondly.... IGI has a christening listed on 30th March 1839 in Chesterfield (as lobster says above) child is Christened Emma and under parents only Sarah is listed the father section is left blank.

It may be a cruel twist of coincidence but I think there is possibly something in this. Wilbraham listings are few and far between (with Wilberham and Wilbuham spelt listings being even more frugal) and to have the 2 things above ....followed up in 1856 when Chas and Emma married there being no father listed........................????

Maybe worth a punt to try and obtain this BC but will it tell you anything ??

I realise this is all expense but I suppose it depends on how bad you want to know

Dev

thanks devlin,just how far do you go,i only sent for charles birth cert to confirm who his father was and noticed mary wilberham the mother not the father,and had no intention of researching the wilberhams,but now iv got the bit between the teeth lol where does it all end bankruptsy:hihi::hihi:

Yes..I have seen that too but it's not the same spelling (Wilbraham) and the mother is called Sarah where as on the marriage certificate she is a Mary Ann. However, spellings have evolved and names were used differently too so who knows?

The 1861 census entry is definately Charley and Emma... now there is only 1871 missing

i found them on the 1871 living at 3 division lane:thumbsup:

Archived