Annoying TV adverts

fozzybear210

The Dettol one which says that bacteria can thrive and multiply overnight...

...so we should all use Dettol, which gets rid of 99.9% of bacteria.

What about the other 0.01%?

It wipes out, in their entirety, at least 99.9% of all known bacterial species. It doesn't leave an odd few over to multiply again.

They can't specify 100% because they don't know that - nobody does. Given that at least one bacterium has evolved in recent years which feeds on raw plutonium, chances are there's quite a few that find Dettol to be a healthy snack. You just won't find them in your kitchen in the first place.

It wipes out, in their entirety, at least 99.9% of all known bacterial species. It doesn't leave an odd few over to multiply again.

They can't specify 100% because they don't know that - nobody does. Given that at least one bacterium has evolved in recent years which feeds on raw plutonium, chances are there's quite a few that find Dettol to be a healthy snack. You just won't find them in your kitchen in the first place.

Spoil sport.

Surprised no-ones mentioned the Safestyle windows - "YOU BUY ONE, YOU GET ONE FREE, I SAY, YOU BUY ONE, YOU GET ONE FREE"

Even restricted to the sub-genre of "adverts involving annoying men who shout very loud," this still isn't the worst. Someone already mentioned Cillit Bang. :hihi:

Even restricted to the sub-genre of "adverts involving annoying men who shout very loud," this still isn't the worst. Someone already mentioned Cillit Bang. :hihi:

Haha, i work in a nursery and we have a little 3 year old who runs round shouting "cillit bang, BANG, and the dirt is gone" it's so funny, yet very annoying!!

Don't think its on anymore, but one i really hated was the one where the bloke is on the phone to a loan company, and he whispers to his wife - "how much do we want to borrow? - £20,000?" - the kids are shouting in the background - "Mum, wheres my scooter?" - and he is stood up, answering loads of questions, presumably, from the loan advisor.

For Gods sake !!!!! AAAARRRRGGGGGHHHH! An important call like that should be done when the ankle-biters are tucked up in bed - or at school, and they should have discussed the loan before he got on the bl**dy phone!!

Archived