Annoying TV adverts

fozzybear210

Don't think its on anymore, but one i really hated was the one where the bloke is on the phone to a loan company, and he whispers to his wife - "how much do we want to borrow? - £20,000?" - the kids are shouting in the background - "Mum, wheres my scooter?" - and he is stood up, answering loads of questions, presumably, from the loan advisor.

Yes me too! So much that when it came on my OH would turn the sound off and I covered my eyes so that I couldn't even lip read!

Can't think of any more I don't like at the moment but my OH hates the Black Horse ones as I always insist on singing along. (The very high opera :D)

Yes me too! So much that when it came on my OH would turn the sound off and I covered my eyes so that I couldn't even lip read!

Can't think of any more I don't like at the moment but my OH hates the Black Horse ones as I always insist on singing along. (The very high opera :D)

Oh yes I'd forgotten about that one. As if he'd phone up without deciding how much they needed. And they needed it because they look like they're in a newly refurbished home with every mod con in there....

Car adverts are almost always very boring - car drives through water, car drives through leaves, car drives through desert, car weaves through corn field, car drives through some computer graphics, car looks same as every other car - yawn.
Some of the car ads we get over here have the car drifting sideways for a considerable distance. I doubt I would ever buy a car that handles so lousy:hihi:

Oh so many to choose from!! :o

How about "This is the only number you'll ever need, to change your career, and...change your life". Or some such b******s. :rant:

Yes everyone, it's the RED driving school advert.

Earnings upto £30,000 a year?

Yes, if you start at 6am and work 'till 10pm, seven days a weeks.

Fit your work around your family life my spotty behind, pah. :D

I have to turn the sound off when that crap comes on. Also, I have never seen a RED driving school car around, has anyone else? :huh:

Don't think its on anymore, but one i really hated was the one where the bloke is on the phone to a loan company, and he whispers to his wife - "how much do we want to borrow? - £20,000?" - the kids are shouting in the background - "Mum, wheres my scooter?" - and he is stood up, answering loads of questions, presumably, from the loan advisor.

For Gods sake !!!!! AAAARRRRGGGGGHHHH! An important call like that should be done when the ankle-biters are tucked up in bed - or at school, and they should have discussed the loan before he got on the bl**dy phone!!

what got me most about that ad was she talked Geordie the rest of the family talked almost without an accent.:huh:

For Gods sake !!!!! AAAARRRRGGGGGHHHH! An important call like that should be done when the ankle-biters are tucked up in bed - or at school, and they should have discussed the loan before he got on the bl**dy phone!!

I assume it's because you always turn the ad off before the end, that you have all missed its one redeeming feature.

End of advert; offstage noise of man falling downstairs, woman on phone looks up and shouts "Josh! Dad's found your scooter!"

Has anyone noticed that with the surface cleaners just about every advert they squirt on the surface and wipe yet all the surface before they've even wiped through the cleaning product is just as sparkly? Annoys the hell outta me!

:hihi::hihi:

Ever the observant person, that despite lowering the volume during ad-breaks, and attempting to glance away from the screen, I notice that too. :hihi:

One ad on the radio (sorry off-topic) that annoyed me everytime, was 'A MINIMUM OF upto £500 TRADE IN on ANY VEHICLE!'

:shakes:

I want to throw something at the TV every time that annoying BBC ad for the programme about the illustrations in children's books comes on screen. That nauseating, desperately full of sincerity and feeling, brat's voice is just so damn false! :rant::rant::rant:

Archived