Walnut Club, Ecclesall Rd.

jasd75

I really don't get this attitude towards the Walnut Club.

I used to live in Leicester where there is a little Champagne Bar. Now Leicester isn't much bigger than Sheffield, and it certainly isn't 'that London' but I don't recall coming across any inverted snobbery directed towards it. If you wanted to have some champagne you want there, if you didn't you didn't. There didn't seem to be any need to make it more complicated.

The Walnut Club does good food (I've never had the slow service some have mentioned) and will sell you champagne and pretty much any other drink you could wish for.

Leave your prejudice at home and try it. If you still don't like it then at least you will have some experience of it ...

It's a good little restaurant, I've only been to the one on Ecc Rd for Sunday Lunch twice and whilst you could argue the food was over seasoned, it was generally of an excellent standard. The service has been ok when I have been, nothing above average but no complaints. When I went a few months ago, I'd ordered an Apple Juice for £2 and was a bit disappointed to see them pour it from a Tesco bottle at the bar!

I don't understand the snobbery bit either but that possibly only applies in the evening.

• 3 months later...

Archived