Best Restaurant In Sheffield

hbomb

I went to Akbars the other night, that was pretty amazing. There was free entertainment too, in the form of a fight :)

Sheffield (I'm not from here) seems to have a lot of excellent curry houses and good Italians. Good Italian restaurants, I mean.

It seems like an established notion that Sheffield is not home to many renowned restaurants, in fact that opinion even made a front page spread on the Star earlier this year..

Do you all agree?

My housemate who went to University in York claims there are a dozen excellent quality, contemporary, reasonably priced bistros and restaurants in the York City Centre, so why not here?

I used to enjoy Blue Fin on Hunters Bar roundabout (thats closed now, says a lot about my tastes) whilst Cubanas and Blue Moon Cafe are good near the Cathedral - any more?

the circle chippy in high green ,as much grease as you want . lovely:thumbsup:

If someone can tell me about a restaurant in Sheffield where :

a) I'm not subjected to piped music

b) Children aren't allowed to run around

I'll vote for it as Sheffield's best restaurant.

Sounds damn good to me! Piped music is the work of Satan and children shouting and running about in restaurants just sets my teeth on edge when you've gone out for a nice relaxing time. Even my daughter wants to know why the other children are so badly behaved! I'm not against children running about and shouting - just not in restaurants.

I went to Akbars the other night, that was pretty amazing. There was free entertainment too, in the form of a fight :)

Sheffield (I'm not from here) seems to have a lot of excellent curry houses and good Italians. Good Italian restaurants, I mean.

La Scala at Millhouses is fab, and they do the best, most tender steak. Shame that Marco's nearby gets more press - La Scala is little, cosy, family owned and they come to your table and get all excited about the fish they've got that day!

Providing you then call in at a takeaway for some more food after. Otherwise you'll still be hungry. (Well my wife was when she last went there, and she usually eats small portions anyway)

I disagree , we went last Sat and were pretty stuffed although we did all have the tasting menu which is 6 courses...

Food was very good (I mean several levels above Rafters / Artisan/ Morans) and service really excellent.

We did have a small moan about one course which none of us thought worked very well (Partridge stuffed with Black pudding - was dry and seemed a little out of sync with the other courses) and they gave us a free cheese course & glass of pudding wine for free.

However was it the best restaurant? Not sure , was VERY expensive (£ 100 per head) and although the experience was really very good , can I be sure it is better than a cheaper meal elsewhere?

For my money , tapas at lunchtime at the mediterranean down sharrow vale has to be one of the best meals in Sheffield...

Maranello's! - Get voting

Quote 'If someone can tell me about a restaurant in Sheffield where :

a) I'm not subjected to piped music

b) Children aren't allowed to run around

I'll vote for it as Sheffield's best restaurant.

Archived