Best Restaurant In Sheffield

hbomb

Balti King is wrong on every level and has been certainly the full 8 years I've been in Sheffield!

Marcos is good but overpriced and I've heard before coming on here that La Scala is just as good but significantly cheaper. Thyme used to be good in Crosspool but I've not been since Richard split the restaurant into two. Can definitely second Olive bar on Division Street.

Ater an experience yesterday though, whilst not a restuarant as such, I highly DO NOT recommend you have sunday dinner at Fox House (Hathersage Road). We were told 40 minute wait for a table, which turned out to be an hour an a half, a further 40 minute wait for the food and when it turned up it was dreadful.

Yay, another vote for La Scale. I'm going to have to find an excuse to visit again now! Have also heard negative things about Fox House, along the lines of it used to be a great place to finish up after a walk but now it's worth walking an extra mile to another pub...

Also The Milestone is a fab place for brunch, newspapers at the weekend.

As long as you don't mind leaving Sheffield, Derbyshire has some great places to eat, all within decent driving distances.

The Walnut club, Plough or Scotsmans pack in Hathersage are all great.

There's plenty of nice places in Bakewell, and the Maynard at Grindleford was always good.

But there must be somewhere to eat in Sheffield isn't there??? Is it that bad nowadays?

I really like Siam Inter on London rd., I went there the day I got back from Thailand, and the food is spot on - also must agree with an earlier post mentioning the food at the Devonshire Cat - everything I've eaten there has been fantastic.

aaah I tend to get around the restaurants in Sheffield being a food addict and all.. I have to say I always used to love the Ranmoor Tandoori .. but I recently wen to Jinnah in Ecclesfield and my goodness their food was fantastic!! So I am voting Jinnah as the best! :)

It seems like an established notion that Sheffield is not home to many renowned restaurants, in fact that opinion even made a front page spread on the Star earlier this year..

Do you all agree?

My housemate who went to University in York claims there are a dozen excellent quality, contemporary, reasonably priced bistros and restaurants in the York City Centre, so why not here?

I used to enjoy Blue Fin on Hunters Bar roundabout (thats closed now, says a lot about my tastes) whilst Cubanas and Blue Moon Cafe are good near the Cathedral - any more?

I deal with a few really good restaurants, the genral problem is the council charge a massive rent tax etc to the restaraunts especially in S1 area so they then need to make big proffits to survive which means not the best chefs or not the best ingridients, if Sheffield wants world class the council need to encorage it not throttle it !

Archived