Best Restaurant In Sheffield

hbomb

South Asian - Seven Spices, Cafe Guru, Saffron Club

East Asian - Wasabisabi, Mei's

Italian - BB's, (Maso also used to be great, it's successor Cafe Nova is ok)

Tapas/Med - Platillos, Parthenonas, The Mediterranean Restaurant

Generally you can't go wrong anywhere on London Road - definitely the best eating area in the city.

from your list

wasabisabi = 0 star

http://www.scoresonthedoors.org.uk/results.php?from=home&name=Wasabisabi&address=sheffield

mei's = 3 stars

BB's = 3 stars

even Mcdonalds has a higher rating then any of you recommandation, shows how much you know about quality of food dont it

If that's Mei's next to Pollard's Coffee Shop in town- the one downstairs- I noticed a sign outside saying they're packing it in at the end of the month.

Sorry to question your recommendation, but the first and only time I went there I couldn't taste the food for the smell of drains. Disgusting place.

Yes, on Charles Street, that's the one. That's sad. It was a bit dingy going down the stairs there (I never noticed any smell problem on my visits) but the food was always absolutely superb - possibly the best Chinese I've had west of Urumqi. They never seemed to get much of a non-Chinese crowd in though.

from your list

wasabisabi = 0 star

http://www.scoresonthedoors.org.uk/results.php?from=home&name=Wasabisabi&address=sheffield

mei's = 3 stars

BB's = 3 stars

even Mcdonalds has a higher rating then any of you recommandation, shows how much you know about quality of food dont it

Wasabisabi hasn't been rated yet, which is why it is zeroed out.

That website is environmental health inspection ratings btw, nothing to do with the food, environment, staff etc.

Fastfood places always tend to come highest on those sort of things as they have very high level policies (hand washing training courses etc) in place.

• 2 months later...

I won’t bore you with the details, but imagine you go and book a table at Cafe guru for a birthday party. You collect and pay a deposit..............However on the night lots of people can’t make it for one reason or another.

Now the last thing I expected was for the management to be extremely unprofessional and rude about it........ but they were!

I went to Akbars the other night, that was pretty amazing. There was free entertainment too, in the form of a fight :)

Sheffield (I'm not from here) seems to have a lot of excellent curry houses and good Italians. Good Italian restaurants, I mean.

Akbars is not one of them, I think it isn't that good. When I tried the curyy I ordered it was one of the worst I have had, I even complained and the manager said curries taste different when you've had a few drinks. I had one bottle....... whatever he was intending by that I'm not sure.

I have no idea why lots of people like it.

Can someone please explain why they think the food is good.

ps I spend half of my life in Bradford

I think food is amatter of personal choice someone may love a place onother think it terrible. one of my favorite indian restaurants is Ranmoor Tandori we have yet to take anyone who hasn't enjoyed it aiso what about Rafters The Blue room there's lots of good places if you take the trouble to try then make your own mind up

Not a fan in the slightest, I'm afraid. I used to live round the corner and tried it on several occasions. It's not terrible, just rather bland, in my opinion. Much prefer the cheaper - and rather shabby! - Clay Oven. I know a lot of people who share my opinion, and I know an equal number who share yours!

I love Rafters - been going there for years and am yet to be disappointed. Their bread and butter pudding is brilliant!

A question please.

Many Pakistani and Bangladeshi restaurants and take aways advertise that they serve 'traditional/genuine Indian cuisine'. Most people (other than Asians) wouldn't have a clue what countries food they are about to partake of when they walk into a so called 'Indian' restaurant, is this fair?

I assume that most 'Indian' restaurants and take aways in Sheffield are Pakistani or Bangladeshi owned, but which is which is anybodies guess (well it is to me). Both of these nations are predominantly Muslim, and I'm assuming that there are many differences between Muslim and Hindu food, pork and beef come to mind for a start.

I know that Nirmals on Glossop Road is Indian, are there anymore genuine Indian restaurants in Sheffield? :confused:

Archived