Best Restaurant In Sheffield

hbomb

• 1 month later...
A question please.

Many Pakistani and Bangladeshi restaurants and take aways advertise that they serve 'traditional/genuine Indian cuisine'. Most people (other than Asians) wouldn't have a clue what countries food they are about to partake of when they walk into a so called 'Indian' restaurant, is this fair?

I assume that most 'Indian' restaurants and take aways in Sheffield are Pakistani or Bangladeshi owned, but which is which is anybodies guess (well it is to me). Both of these nations are predominantly Muslim, and I'm assuming that there are many differences between Muslim and Hindu food, pork and beef come to mind for a start.

I know that Nirmals on Glossop Road is Indian, are there anymore genuine Indian restaurants in Sheffield? :confused:

If Hindu and Beef comes to mind, you are very much mistaken.:huh:

The Cow is sacred to Hindu’s and would NEVER be eaten!

If you are looking for genuine Indian food, perhaps a trip to India is in order!

Surprisingly in India you also find a mixture of Muslim’s, Hindu’s, Christian’s and Buddhist’s.

Archived