Www.sheffieldrestaurant.co.uk

hbomb

Furthering the topic earlier regarding the lack of quality restaurants in Sheffield, I found this site purporting to give a comprehensive guide to the culinary delights to be found here - look at the front page! Bordering on offensive I'd say - wrote this in:

Hi,

Just wondering how you can possibly justify having Frankie & Bennie's as the first image users of your website see as an example of the best in Sheffield dining. I understand that you aim to cater for all tastes, budgets etc but to have a dismal faux NY-Italian chain as representative of our UNIQUE city is at best lazy and at worst offensive.

Also, a note on Vito's. It is a comically outmoded italian (nice variety there)which literally never has a single customer.

I find it saddening that a site dedicated to Sheffield's demonstrates no passion for it's locality despite intentending to provide a worthwhie service.

Interested to see how they respond

that sounds like something i would write......spot on!

the restaurant situation in sheffield is pitiful, really embarrasing i think and a shame.

surely the standard of dining in sheffield is comperable to an average size market town. leopold square is a missed opportunity.

Y'know (sorry to be such a pedant) - but it would have sounded better without typos and grammatical errors.

Not being picky (yes, I know......) but I'm sure that readers and editors of such sites take more notice of correctly-written posts.

Sorry! :blush:

Y'know (sorry to be such a pedant) - but it would have sounded better without typos and grammatical errors.

Not being picky (yes, I know......) but I'm sure that readers and editors of such sites take more notice of correctly-written posts.

I'd agree with you - if the OP here wasn't providing evidence that the site is a heap of carelessly composed rubbish anyway ;)

Why not try to answer the question, instead of trying to show people how clever you are.:(

Its pretty silly to suggest that the level of grammer (sic.) on that post undermines the point being made, it is clear and readable.

Also it is a strange, not to mention elitest, asertion that only those with perfect mastery of prescribed English gramar (sic. er) can make a valid point.

I might also suggest that if you are as embarrased as the bashful smiley and multiple apologies lead us to believe then perhaps just try not being a gramma (sic. est) pedant.....

Having worked in restaurants before I can let you know that you have to pay to have your restaurant to appear on this site. There are different price structures allowing you to appear on different pages.

So if you have money to spend no matter how good or bad your restaurant is you can appear on this site!

Archived