Www.sheffieldrestaurant.co.uk

hbomb

I agree with your views re. Frankie and Benny's, but I think you're being quite unfait ro Vitos. We've a been a couple of times on saturday evenings recently, and though rarely full, there's always a healthy number of customers. I've always found the food there to be excellent, and they've just revamped their menu as well.

I find it saddening that a site dedicated to Sheffield's demonstrates no passion for it's locality despite intentending to provide a worthwhie service.

Totally agree - although given that it appears you have to pay to appear on the site, it would seem their passion is for money, not their locality.

All the same - well done on emailing and let us know if you get a reply!

It is free to a point but if you wish to secure a prime place on the site with larger pictures etc then you can come to a deal with them and pay a subscription. When the site first came about everyone was offered free "advertising ".

The site is not an impartial/independant view of the standard of restaurants that are listed on there. It is more of a listings site.

It is free to a point but if you wish to secure a prime place on the site with larger pictures etc then you can come to a deal with them and pay a subscription. When the site first came about everyone was offered free "advertising ".

The site is not an impartial/independant view of the standard of restaurants that are listed on there. It is more of a listings site.

We'd just like to clear this point up and state that inclusion on the website is completely free. There are no deals or paid packages available, and we don't offer enhanced listings or ways to promote individual restaurants. The idea was mooted some time ago but we never got time to set it up.

The only reason that those three restaurants are pictured on the front page is that we haven't got around to updating it recently (as the site is completely free and is updated when we get time).

So with respect, menz, you must have us confused with a different website that offers paid listings (perhaps Sheff's Chefs). :)

Sorry if I have got you confused (happy to apologise) I still don't see it as a good indication of some of the excellent restaurants that we do have in sheffield and would stick to the point that is more of a listings website.

I would suggest that the website be updated soon so as to represent Sheffields restaurants in a better light than the present main page. It is a poor indication to any visitors to the city.

Yes, it is primarily a listings site. Any restaurant in Sheffield can add or update their profile if they contact us.

The problem that we have in keeping it updated is that restaurant owners either don't know about us or don't send their details through. We'd love to be more representative of the dining diversity that Sheffield has to offer but we need help with getting the new information.

We're always open to suggestions so perhaps Sheffield Forum members could vote for three restaurants to have photos on the home page?

Archived