Indian restaurant

brutman1

Shapla nr the bottom of the moor is very underated. Went there and had a very good chicken shashlic there last week, it was much better than the on i had at Aagrah Leopold sq last month

cafe guru very good food, average service at best so not really worth the prices.

For me ashoka on ecce road is pretty darn good.

cafe guru very good food, average service at best so not really worth the prices.

Seconded. The thing that put me off them was finding out that they make you pay a deposit of £5 PER HEAD in advance if you book for a group of more than 6 people - and if any of those people can't come (for a good reason, illness in my friend's case) they will not give back that £5 or deduct from the bill!! :o food was fine but will not return for that reason.

Saffron Club at top of West St near Swim Inn is very nice.

• 11 months later...

Shapla is the place to go!! Me and my partner have been going for years! They serve excellent food, and the service is really good. If your going as a couple, and want a bit of privisy, they have booths for you to sit in. (Go there and you see what i mean) They obviously have plenty of regular tables too! lol.

I would recommend it to anyone!!!

In fact........ im going to go there tonight!! Im in mood for some good grub!!

i like Mumtaz pretty good food, the best on chester field road. But the decour and flat screen telly , do spoil things a bit.

Went to new india garden two nights ago a place i normally have a good meal though i haven't been for about 10 months , had a very average curry . Often have the rupchal when i go there , this time it tasted and looked quite different. it was pretty bland. other dinner s i was were disapointed. Poor sald with the tandorry chicken. the butter chicken was again bland . not as good as butlers.

Another recommendation for the Shapla from me. Excellent service,great food and reasonable prices. Same as Mr X,I've been going years,never been disappointed. Worth booking if you are going on a Friday or weekend after about 730 especially if you want one of the booths.

Archived