Strix

How did you do your new bathroom?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. How did you do your new bathroom?

• Bought the bits and did it ourselves
    • Bought the bits and had a fitter/plumber in
    • Had the full design and fit service
    • None of the above (please post)

We need a new bathroom. The back to wall cistern is leaking, I can't replace it without taking most of the bathroom apart (thanks to how it all goes together and then it was tiled), so now's as good a time as any to start from scratch and have a separate shower cubicle too (the bathroom currently has no shower at all :loopy: )

So... have you had a new bathroom in the last couple of years?

did you go for an all in one service, or did you buy the bits and do it yourself? (or any other permutation)

I've done a complete refurb on a bathroom, taking the whole thing back to brick and uprating the shower, but I'm not sure I really fancy the hassle this time

Where did you get your bathroom, and what are the pros and cons of the installation method you used? Why did you choose to do it this way? and are you glad you did?

We're in the process of having a big piece of work done, subdividing one long room so that we have a brand new bathroom. We bought the suite ourselves, as the plumber couldn't get a better discount than the merchants offered. We also bought new doors, llights, floor and wall tiles and bathroom fitting ourselves, taking advice from the plumber and joiner over which would be suitable.

It's time-consuming, but means you get exactly what you want.

However, to get the best results we've found it's essential to work with your plumber and joiner. We're on hand for most of the week and we're able to discuss the positioning of the suite and doors,the tile pattern, the style and position of the lighting etc etc. We decided, after the bath had been installed, to have it panelled and tiled and so were able to discuss this with the tiler and get exactly the effect we wanted.

Ther merchants we used were :

City Plumbers, Pensitone Road for the suite. Exellent advice and service and next day delivery.

B and Q for floor tiles

Wickes for wall tiles

City Electrical for the lights

Doors and Floors Galore, Attercliffe for the doors.

This way you are creating your own bathroom, but with expert help.

We do a full design and fit service and could book you in for the new year.

Happy to call and discuss requirements and leave a pile of magazines/brochures.

I assume you have a budget in mind, this will obviously be a deciding factor in what suite/taps/tiles you have.

We can offer you the full service from full strip out, replaster, plumbing, tiling and electrics.

Contact details are below.

we had our bathroom ripped out a the beginning of the year and then the layout was redesigned. Our builder helped us with queries such as can we move the bath, will we need a maserater (sp?) etc.

We choose the suite from Arnold Laver on Chesterfield road and got some good advice / hlelp from them. The plumber fitted the suite.

We fitted the lino flooring and got G&A tilers to fit the tiles that we bought in one of the many B&Q sales - they did an excellent job and I'd definitely recommend them - we gave them a bonus we were so pleased.

U should know where to go now Strix..I hear the staff on Monday's are great:thumbsup:
I know you have a lovely showroom, and the staff are really friendly and helpful, but I like to do my homework before spending money :D

We choose the suite from Arnold Laver on Chesterfield road and got some good advice / hlelp from them. The plumber fitted the suite.
Do they do their own fitting service? if so, why did you choose not to use it? I've heard some unpleasant stories about their kitchen supply, so it's encouraging that you're pleased with your bathroom from them :thumbsup:

Archived