Strix

How did you do your new bathroom?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. How did you do your new bathroom?

• Bought the bits and did it ourselves
    • Bought the bits and had a fitter/plumber in
    • Had the full design and fit service
    • None of the above (please post)

We do a full design and fit service and could book you in for the new year.

Happy to call and discuss requirements and leave a pile of magazines/brochures.

I assume you have a budget in mind, this will obviously be a deciding factor in what suite/taps/tiles you have.

We can offer you the full service from full strip out, replaster, plumbing, tiling and electrics.

Contact details are below.

What does your design service comprise of? We'll be needing info on completely redesigning the room from fitted furniture to a more traditional suite format and how suitable our combi boiler is for running a mixer shower. Budget as always is more to do with a good job and value for money rather than a ceiling price, though we've several projects to divide our budget over ;)

Do they do their own fitting service? if so, why did you choose not to use it? I've heard some unpleasant stories about their kitchen supply, so it's encouraging that you're pleased with your bathroom from them :thumbsup:

we were having lots of work done on the house and the builder engaged the plumber to do the bathroom and replace the boiler / fit radiators etc, so it didn't occur to us to enquire about a fitting service. (We also got our kitchen units from them in the sale - they are brilliant, especially for the price we paid and we were v happy with the service, advice and 'extra mile' attitude).

I can recommend automatic loo seats :D

We had both our upstairs bathroom and downstairs shower room done last year (design & installation) by Creative Interiors.

http://www.creativeinteriors.eu/

Not the cheapest but certainly quality (they also did our kitchen about 4 years ago).

that looks interesting... who else did you get quotes from and why did you decide to go with these? places like dolphin claim to do a full service but when we enquired for a job in our last house they weren't capable of doing the building work we required but it looks like this company could

we were having lots of work done on the house and the builder engaged the plumber to do the bathroom and replace the boiler / fit radiators etc, so it didn't occur to us to enquire about a fitting service. (We also got our kitchen units from them in the sale - they are brilliant, especially for the price we paid and we were v happy with the service, advice and 'extra mile' attitude).

I can recommend automatic loo seats :D

which branch did you go to? I wonder if that would have been the difference, or if it was the fitting service that was the issue in the case I heard about

we have redone our bathroom twice in one year since moving in (18 months ago). i think it all depends how much effort or money you would rather put in. we did everything ourselves (ok other half did it mainly!). we bought bath, vanity unit etc fom ebay at much cheaper than in showrooms. obviously if we had money to burn we would have got someone else to do it all and saved the hassle, but it wasnt that bad!

that looks interesting... who else did you get quotes from and why did you decide to go with these? places like dolphin claim to do a full service but when we enquired for a job in our last house they weren't capable of doing the building work we required but it looks like this company could

We went with them because of the excellent job they'd made on our kitchen 4 years earlier.

We had a budget so basically we went to them and said show us what you can do for what we've got to spend.

Archived