Strix

How did you do your new bathroom?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. How did you do your new bathroom?

• Bought the bits and did it ourselves
    • Bought the bits and had a fitter/plumber in
    • Had the full design and fit service
    • None of the above (please post)

I really do not know who to go with. Tried Dolphins, £10k quote!

If you are still trying to find a really good plumber to fit your bathroom try the one that fitted my kitchen and bathroom. He organised everything including tiling, plastering and electrics. Excellent job, very professional and reliable. Nothing was too much trouble (and believe me I am very fussy!!)

His name is Phil Greenwood 07729625901. Well worth a call.....

Hi

We got a design done by B&Q then looked round for the cheapest bit.

Got bath, bog, sink + taps from homebase (they had a good sale on and the items were on display so you could see the quility, no ordering from pictures in a mag)

Shower cubical from a place in rothereham

shower from ebay (screwfix's ebay site)

towel radiator from ebay

tiles from topstiles

got an indepentdent plumber to fit it all.

bathrooms4all are currently plugging like mad on the radio, and that revenue has to come from somewhere, so I'm not so sure...

mind you, I've not had a look there yet

I know ordering from brochures could be iffy, but for the most part there's an example of a specific manufacturer's wares on display at HF, and if you want to stick to what you've seen, order something from the showroom ;)

Cheers Strix will give them a go! I thought bathroom4all at meadowhall retail park seemed good too?

Depends on what your budget is.

If you are after really nice kit, try H2O on Chesterfield Rd. We have just finished doing a wet room that they supplied the pottery, brassware & tiles for.

Its top quality and the after sales service is first rate (lot of tiles were damaged on delivery - replacements sorted and delivered following day).

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

PS Tell them Dan & Pete recommended them. Thanks.

Go talk to Herbert Fairey's

I dropped into click bathrooms but they said there was no way they could compete on price with the stuff Herbert's can supply

Be warned though - Herbert's do a massive range, so it's useful to have an idea of what you're going to have before you start else you'll be swamped with info :D

They can do a bathroom at the same price as those pallet jobs from B&Q but of what appears to be better quality, or they can do a fantastic top-end one fit to grace any mansion... but you'll get a down to earth service whichever end of the scale you're at :thumbsup:

They'll also put you in touch with a selection of plumbers they can trust and have worked with for a number of years

Just had my bathroom totally redone. Got the stuff from Herbert Fairey's and can fully recommend their fitter - did a tremendous job :thumbsup:

I'd love to be your plumber if you decide to hire tradespeople separately. I have a website with photographs of past bathrooms I've fitted that's in the process of being built, but it'd be my pleasure to come and show the photos to you personally and discuss your options with you if you're interested and need to think about it sooner than my website might be ready for public viewing!

All the best with your decision-making...

I've just had a new shower installed, cost me £1,500 and they hid the pipes with pine shelving, they found I needed a new tank - ours was leaking and would have flooded everywhere so they installed a new one £340. I was soooo pleased as the other quote I had was nearly £4,000 - £1,700 for labour alone

Archived