Cottages opposite the Forum.

Texas

In the dim and distant past when you stood outside the old Forum Cinema, looking slightly to the left over the road plus a bit, were a row of stone built cottages. Do they still exist?

I only remember council houses there Texas, beteween those and the Devonshire Arms.

Sorry Tex I was thinking left of the Forum, you mean accross the street, all I remember was the school.

They were at the bottom of Moonshine Lane Texas, as you say, they could be seen from the Forum, a mate of mine lived in them in the 50's/60's.

Some of their gardens were taken when they built the roundabout on Herries Rd at the bottom of Moonshine & Shirecliffe Rd, there was a garage on the other corner & the doctors surgery on the other.

I don't know whats there thesedays, I left in 1970 & only briefly visited in 1990, many corporation houses have been demolished near there, so I wouldn't think they would still be there ?

Been in timbertop Sun dinner and spoke to long standing shirecliffe residents and they don't remember them.

I have a photo taken before the roundabout was built taken from the bottom of shirecliffe road looking towards the caretakers house on the corner opposite the esseldo , there are no cottages at that time so maybe it was long long ago !!!

I have a photo taken before the roundabout was built taken from the bottom of shirecliffe road looking towards the caretakers house on the corner opposite the esseldo , there are no cottages at that time so maybe it was long long ago !!!

If that's the photo on picture Sheffield, the cottages are on the left, just out of view of the camera.

If you were to walk down Shirecliffe Rd passed Boynton Rd Les, walking down towards the roundabout on Herries Rd, the cottages were on the right hand side looking towards the bottom of Moonshine lane, you couldn't miss them, thanks anyway.

Archived