Sheffield FC v Hallam FC

Anyone going to the oldest derby match in the world tonight?

As a fan of non league footy and coming from outside Sheffield, I cant belive how little is made of this?!?!?! Its crazy. Non league fans and league fans all over the UK know of this fixture but in Sheffield its just kept quiet?

This is bizzare...anyway, Ill be there :)

I went. Club continued to look impressive.Especially young White on the left wing.

Hallma however have big troubles if they have been playing anythng like that this year (and the table suggests they have)

I felt for their strikers. Chasing the big hoof for 90 minutes,to be fair i'm amazed they scored !

It was a great night out....5-3 scoreline!

I cant help but feel the clubs should promote the status of such a game more and the attendance should be miles bigger.

How useless was the fat Hallam keeper tho'....oh dear.

Going to this match, I felt sort of reconnected with football. Every day I get more and more cynical about it, with all that Premiership nonsense, but going to the oldest ground in the world and watching the two oldest teams... it just felt really good and kind of reminded me what it's all about.

Originally posted by pammy

where do these teams play and how do we get there????

Hallam's ground is Sandygate, on Sandygate Road, Crosspool. 51 bus goes there.

Sheffield play at the Coach & Horses in Dronfield - you can get directions on their website: http://www.sheffieldfc.com

All but one of Sheffield's last league games of the season are at home. Looks like they've blown promotion after only drawing at Borrowash today though.

I'm gonna go to Sheffield v Dinnington in the Sheffield Senior Cup semi-final on 29 April... Hallam are in the other semi and the final's at Hillsborough...

Archived