Bloor Street Walkley

• 2 months later...
Hi Dennis, I lived at 10, Bloor Street and remember all the names you mention. Went to Burgoyne Road School, Eric Goodison, Philip Bilton and Brian Mottram were in my class.

I too wonder why Bloor Street was demolished, went to visit recently trying to stand on the spot where we lived, do you remember the Scott's Lolly Pop shop as it was known, Jack and Kitty ran it and their son was John? I live in Buckinghamshire now, left Sheffield in 1968

Hi

If you were in the same class as Brian, then we will know each other. I sat next to him for a long time, tormenting 'Pop' Morris. Same goes for Mr Simmons, I often recieved his speciality of swinging the blackboard onto my head when standing behind it for some transgression. Othe names I remember were Dennis Beatson and Graham Spurr

Hi Dennis, Yes Dennis Beatson and Graham Spurr were in our class, did you know that Dennis died just over a year ago? Very sad. Are you Brian Mottram's brother? Are you still in Sheffield?

Edited by ACJ10
typing error

• 4 years later...
My mum used to live on Bloor st, her maiden name was Sandra Wordsworth, anybody remember her?

Sandra! Sister of Brian, her dad Sam was my uncle. My gran lived at 48 Bloor Street next door to Albert Fields. Used to stay there when my dad was on nights.

---------- Post added 14-02-2015 at 13:42 ----------

Hi Dennis, Yes Dennis Beatson and Graham Spurr were in our class, did you know that Dennis died just over a year ago? Very sad. Are you Brian Mottram's brother? Are you still in Sheffield?

I was at Burgoyne Rd school and remember Graham Spur sliding on ice down Cundy St from the school gates to the bottom in great big pit boots.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

hi acj10. Im not Brians brother, that was David, who was my best friend in those days. My name is dennis Simmonds. I didnt know that Dennis beatson had passed away. I remember that he and i always seemed to be getting into fights, which I always lost because i was never good at it. The fights always took place on a derilict site opposite the infants school entrance. I sat next to brian in class and we tormented Pop Morris with a morse key buzzer, until he slammed the desk lid on my fingers, at which point I retired from the practice. Id love to know your name as I assume aj are your initials and I cant place them

---------- Post added 29-02-2016 at 12:08 ----------

Im still in Sheffield, living on Parson Cross aj

i lived at 31 bloor street during the sixties until the early 70,s

my family name is goodison does anyone remember us mick,steve,adrian.wendy or the marshalls albert fields glen johnson or the family at the bottom with the big archway entrance and a huge great dane named leo?

it was sam eales with great dane and the garage in the yard wife june

• 1 month later...
i lived at 31 bloor street during the sixties until the early 70,s

my family name is goodison does anyone remember us mick,steve,adrian.wendy or the marshalls albert fields glen johnson or the family at the bottom with the big archway entrance and a huge great dane named leo?

hi, i remember your family,mostly adrian and wendy. wendy was a good footballer!!!!!! i always had her on my side when we played football in Burgoyne rood school.Barry Naylor was my best mate all through infants ,juniors and tapton. sadly only seen him once in all most 40 years.i lived in Harold street near Glen Dalby .good old days.i can remember the old lady we all shouted typhoo to,Murrays,Hammonds opposite your house and many more.

---------- Post added 28-04-2016 at 12:50 ----------

Sure it was the Goddards who had the great dane? They mended wooden crates or something, think the lads our age were Robert and John? My gran lived at 48 Bloor street and I lived in Harold st.

hi GORDONW, I also lived in Harold st,next door to the Robinsons on the corener of Hardy st

Edited by Craig1960