Bloor Street Walkley

• 1 month later...

I lived at 31 Bloor St, up to around 1957, when my mum passed away and we moved to Boston Lincolnshire, then returned a few years later to live with my grandmother at number 61. I was great mates with David and Brian Mottram.

I can also remember Harry Clegg, I think his name was, who was a complete nutter, and always mimmicking a cat in pain.

The bakers name was Bilton, who are still trading I believe. The son was Philip.

I have often wondered why Bloor street was demolished and the other streets survived. Maybe the bombs made the houses unstable. Anyone know the answer to this

I think Bloor st was demolished so that the council could build the new estate there. I left Bloor st just before it was demolished. We lived 5 doors above where the bomb dropped and basicaly the house was structually sound.

At this moment, Brenda Marper, and the daughter of Genine Marper from Bloor st are visiting my wife.

i colin morton can remember you and your family can you remember me glenn johnson and my brother dave we lived above you at number 10 bloor st .the last house on the top

Hi Glen, yes I can remember you both the last I herd of dave is when he was playing football for liverpool united thats what I herd anyway.

• 1 year later...
The little girl who had polio, was called Annette Haywood, she lived at 24 Bloor st. She married and lived at 83, Bloor st untill they pulled them down. She is doing very well and now has 6 grand children. I should know I married her.

Hello DIDO, Please ask Annette if she remembers me from number 10, Bloor Street, my name is Ann and I have a photo of us at the seaside in the fifties, we went in my dad's car!

I lived at 31 Bloor St, up to around 1957, when my mum passed away and we moved to Boston Lincolnshire, then returned a few years later to live with my grandmother at number 61. I was great mates with David and Brian Mottram.

I can also remember Harry Clegg, I think his name was, who was a complete nutter, and always mimmicking a cat in pain.

The bakers name was Bilton, who are still trading I believe. The son was Philip.

I have often wondered why Bloor street was demolished and the other streets survived. Maybe the bombs made the houses unstable. Anyone know the answer to this

Hi Dennis, I lived at 10, Bloor Street and remember all the names you mention. Went to Burgoyne Road School, Eric Goodison, Philip Bilton and Brian Mottram were in my class.

I too wonder why Bloor Street was demolished, went to visit recently trying to stand on the spot where we lived, do you remember the Scott's Lolly Pop shop as it was known, Jack and Kitty ran it and their son was John? I live in Buckinghamshire now, left Sheffield in 1968