King Charles spaniel

deelightful3

The price seems about right as Cavaliers are expensive, though i personally don't agree with charging to rehome an animal. If they got her from a reputable breeder they should be able to return the dog to them. Check the papers etc. thoroughly, see the dog and make sure she is healthy and well adjusted. Cavaliers can be prone to many health problems, so making sure they've come from a good breeder is very important.

Whatever you do.....DON'T feed it Ham and cream biscuit's as the poor dog will be worth nothing when it has a heart attack.

This is what happened to a very well meaning friend, pedigree king charles cost nearly £500 and she killed it with kindness!:( Silly woman and she's had these dog's all her life.

So yes, in the current climate £300 is a very reasonable price for one of this breed.

I'll second what Charlotte 24 said. With all the health problems it's vital you get certificates, and preferably wait until the sire and dam are at least 3 before breeding.

Ultimately, it's becoming Russian Roulette with cavs these days. I turned one down because I want to get MRI scans of all parents to try and maximise the best chances of getting a healthy dog in a strong bloodline.

Good luck :)

My auntie and uncle bred king charles for many years and had some good stock. they show at Crufts. Mty aunt says that as they now bred some much smaller , man has created these illnesses for them but before you buy check the mum, dad and both sets of grandparents as there are some killer illnesses in bred and its horrid to watch them go through this. i have a small one who is lovely even if alittle small she is 3 and is healthy.

Ive got a cavy .... they are fabulous pets, unfortunatly mine developed health problems at about 3 years old, shes on special eye medication and pills for a dicky heart ... so if you do get her, check the parentage for genetic ailments and get her insured.

£300 is very reasonable if she has papers ... but ive got to agree with Charlotte, i dont agree with charging to rehome (unless its for a charity)

Archived