King Charles spaniel

deelightful3

Awww. That's awful. I hope your little pooch is OK! :(

she'd fine ... 7 yrs old now and costs me a fortune in vets bills each month, but i wouldnt swop her for the world .... and i dont think i'll ever consider any other breed again .... but the next one will be insured :rolleyes:

Oh yes! I'm insured to the hilt.

The next cav I get will have *current* health certificates for all the 5 generations of parents, plus MRI scans of the parents.

Only way you can be sure these days.

If enough people ask for MRIs of the dogs, breeders will stop breeding irresponsibly and we can perhaps get SM under control.

/rant over :)

If the dog is KC registered, check with the original breeder that there isn't a contract requiring that this dog be returned to the breeder in the event that the original owner can't keep her. If there is, you could find your pup will be confiscated if it ever comes to court (and it has done in the past)

If you're interested in a pup of this age, please get in touch with the breed club or breed rescue and you'll be put in touch with a number of suitable matches if they are available

Oh yes! I'm insured to the hilt.

The next cav I get will have *current* health certificates for all the 5 generations of parents, plus MRI scans of the parents.

Only way you can be sure these days.

If enough people ask for MRIs of the dogs, breeders will stop breeding irresponsibly and we can perhaps get SM under control.

/rant over :)

how much is insurance and what company is best to go with?

That's a really difficult question. There is another post here about Insurance, but I've gone with Argos (was recommended to me).

I pay about 16 pounds a month, but with all the conditions a cav can get, I think it's worth it!

well we have had poppy for just over a week now,and she has fitted in with us really really well,no problems at all so far,the only thing is i cant pick up the dog poo,lol, didnt realise i wouldnt be able to do this until i tried and i just wretch,so poor old hubby as to do it all,good job she doesnt eat very much.

well we have had poppy for just over a week now,and she has fitted in with us really really well,no problems at all so far,the only thing is i cant pick up the dog poo,lol, didnt realise i wouldnt be able to do this until i tried and i just wretch,so poor old hubby as to do it all,good job she doesnt eat very much.

Glad to hear all is going well!

We have to have picks of new additions on here you know :P

I'm sure you'll get used to picking up dog poo!

You can get "scoopies" to put your poop-scoop bags over, so you don't actually have to handle the poo. (they do them at the £1 or 99p shops... with a pack of bags. When they run out I use the scented nappy-sacks to clean my dog's poo up with.)

It's not the most pleasant of jobs, admittedly, but it's better than leaving the poo on the street, and with a little dog like a cavvie, her poops shouldn't be too big.

You can get "scoopies" to put your poop-scoop bags over, so you don't actually have to handle the poo. (they do them at the £1 or 99p shops... with a pack of bags. When they run out I use the scented nappy-sacks to clean my dog's poo up with.)

It's not the most pleasant of jobs, admittedly, but it's better than leaving the poo on the street, and with a little dog like a cavvie, her poops shouldn't be too big.

I would never leave it in the street,i know how much i hate to see it about,will just have to have hubby with me all the time,lol

Archived