Incontinent and inconsiderate people at City Hall and Arena

lizmachin

I think it depends on what kind of 'gig' your at. Iv seen a few bands but couldnt get standing tickets so had to get seating, then people going to and from toilet/bar wasnt a problem cos i was stood up the entire time having a little dance. If i was watching the ballet or Russell Howard and people were going to and fro then id be annoyed.

Plus i think all music gigs should be standing, i hate sitting at gigs, just dont feel as connected as you should...always it was good....but i wanted to dance

I'm struggling to:

a) Think of a John Barrowman song you could dance to.

b) Picture the kind of people dancing to said song.

He just doesn't seem the guy of performer you'd dance to. Much like Russell Watson.

He has a couple of faster ones I think people will stand for, and his new album probably will too. :)

I once went to see something at the theatre & kept getting tutted at when I went for wee, I was 8 months pregnant at the time, guess I should've stayed at home to accomodate all the whingers & only come out when I was fit to be a good polite member of society who's social life in no way affects anyone else's:hihi:

Sounds like my kinda gig !

I am a frequent gig goer, and the amount of people who chat throughout, and/or are in and out of the hall every 2 minutes, who face their friends/the back of the room/not-the-stage, is unreal !!

i just dont get it.......

Couldn't agree more!

I went to the City Hall to see Van Morrison some time ago, & it was just like being in a pub. People were up & down every 2mins, on their mobiles, talking & going to the toilet en mass. Why do they bother going?

I have a theory that they go to certain gigs to say they have seen such & such a band.

I found out my seats today. I'm next to the aisle, so I'll dance there. :hihi:

This is all very odd. A few years ago I was amongst a group of folks standing in the aisles at a concert at the City Hall. The stewards came and told us that it was a health & safety requirement that people remained in their seats throughout the concert. They threatened to have us removed unless we sat down.

I would be surprised if the regulations have been relaxed.

This is all very odd. A few years ago I was amongst a group of folks standing in the aisles at a concert at the City Hall. The stewards came and told us that it was a health & safety requirement that people remained in their seats throughout the concert. They threatened to have us removed unless we sat down.

I would be surprised if the regulations have been relaxed.

This is still the case. The City Hall is an all seating venue and supposedly has stewards on hand to ensure that people abide by these rules. This is done for two reasons.

It is to ensure that people do not have their view obscured by inconsiderate people standing up infront of them, as well as on health and safety grounds. This is particularly relevant to the upper decks.

As far as I know the situation is similar at the Arena with the exception of a standing area infront of the stage. In this standing area numbers are strictly controlled and people are not permitted to move from the seated areas into the standing, although they can move the other way.

Certainly I have been aware of stewards enforcing these regulations in the past although I have noticed recently this stewarding has become lax. I don't know howthis would play out in the event of an accident.

There are of course various courses of action open to people at theArena. If you want to stand you buy a standng ticket. If you want to sit you buy a sitting ticket. If you feel that your showis being ruined by people standing infront of you you can complain to a steward and if nothing is done report this to the venue and ask for compensation.

At the City Hall the standing option does not exist, and in my opinion anyone wanting to stand should do so downstairs, if at all. If you have concerns regarding standing at the venue you should take it up with stewardsat the interval as most of the problems seem to start later in the shows.

This has nothing to do with the OP about people repeatedly leaving their seats. It is the fault of the venues in promoting drinking at the events. Again it is something to take up with the venues themselves.

What a petty topic. Stay at home if you don't like other people having to get up for a pee. It's a show, not a church service, enjoy it and forget about what other people are doing.

Well, that's your opinion. I'm a fan of his.

I'd not only stand for John Barrowman, I'd also wet my pants :o

Archived