Is this acceptable behaviour?

Sketty24

Now, you could look on this as a lucky escape, in which case, if you WAS his target and he chickened out, then he will probably try again on someone else.

By noticing that he was looking at you may have been enough to put him off.

Or, he may be a neighbour and was thinking of attempting to day hello.?

I wasn't intending to go to the police or anything though.

it might be worth giving them a ring and a description sketty....just to be on the safe side.

also, just be sensible......make sure everythings shut and locked tonight and if you are on your own in the house, get a friend over or visit a friend.

usually stories like yours are harmless....but it never hurts to use your instincts about people and act accordingly :)

Or, he may be a neighbour and was thinking of attempting to day hello.?

is this how you would make first contact with a young lady as a man?

someone on their own and in the dark....i don't think so eb

i know what you mean, it might have been of no significance....

but better to be safe than sorry...our instincts are generally correct :)

er, yes, your right there.

It don't look good no matter how I look at it.

It's worth having a chat with the police, they should log it, and if anything happens to someone else they have a possible description.

I would have thought the Police would increase patrols too.

Overly paranoid, no. It is just about possible that there was an innocent explanation, and it's very possible indeed that him wanting the same stop as you was just coincidence; but certainly, if you spot him on a bus again, try and do something about it.

One way to check the latter half is to not get off at your usual stop; if it's also his usual stop, he will most likely stay on the bus to use it. If he always gets off where you do, you've got a stalker and you want the police. (Even then, remember most stalkers are harmless - all they do is follow people around, and you're probably in no physical danger but he'd still want turning in.)

As to the former half, it is very much bad manners to stare at someone for that length of time. Unless he's short-sighted to the point that he didn't even realise there was a person directly in his line of sight, I can't think of a legitimate excuse. Anyone whom I was sufficiently convinced I might know to stare at them that hard, I'd go and ask; I wouldn't keep staring for a quarter of an hour.

give the police a ring Sketty - they should at least be made aware of the situation

If they have several of these reports they should act upon them

there is a chance that he's already known in the area and his actions tonight may prompt them to have a word with him at least

can you get a bus at a different time tomorrow and tue next week?

if you're getting off at a different stop, I'd get off and go to a friend's house. If you stay on and he does you'll panic like mad, and if you get off early but he gets off after he could wait for you

PS - I'm not paranoid, just healthily suspicious of strange circumstances

As to the former half, it is very much bad manners to stare at someone for that length of time. Unless he's short-sighted to the point that he didn't even realise there was a person directly in his line of sight, I can't think of a legitimate excuse. Anyone whom I was sufficiently convinced I might know to stare at them that hard, I'd go and ask; I wouldn't keep staring for a quarter of an hour.

He could have fallen asleep with with his eyes open. My brother did it all the time when we shared a room. Often I'd wake up and think he was dead. Unfortunately I was never right.

Going back though to the OP, I'd agree, keep a note. Put a safe number on speed dial in case, but don't panic too much. I'm sure it was very unnerving, but unless it happens again, just put it behind you.

Archived