Fairtrade cannabis

I have heard mention of fairtrade cannabis, people prepared to put 50% profit to charity from selling/growing it.

Should fairtrade cannabis be legal?, if the carity be a good one, like red cross?

I bet any person 10 bob that fairtrade weed could solve world poverty quicker than any governmeent or religion, at least let the 'junkies' try to do some good!

there would be more poverty as they would be growing that crap instead of food :rant:

... and the way the goverment sees it is drugs start soft and move onto harder stuff until eventually becoming uncontrollable

And they're right, but they continually refuse to notice that the only reason this is true, is because the crooks supplying the weed have a vested interest in selling you crack cocaine and heroin - they make bigger profits on it.

If Boots the Chemist were selling you weed, this would not be the case.

But...but... schizophrenia.

But...but... children smoking cannabis.

But...but... gateway drugs.

But...but... SHUT UP AND LEGALISE IT YOU TWIT!

Those are not the reasons for legalising it, the reasons for legalising all drugs is to destroy the infrastructure behind them which seeks to promote drug use for profit which as Heyesey rightly says above is the ONLY reason for the illegal drugs trade at present. If there was little or no profit and it was regulated, people would not be under pressure to use them.

In answer to OP, I think we need to get drugs legalised first before any airy fairy fairtrade ideas come into play.

Those are not the reasons for legalising it

I don't think he means to imply that they are. He's either, sarcastically quoting all the spurious reasons people put forward for banning it, and then shouting them down; or, he's giving what he thinks are good reasons for banning it and then sarcastically quoting the people who campaign to legalise it.

This being text with no body language available, it's hard to tell which he meant.

The Oxford English Dictionary show a definition that is not so restrictive.

Origin; junk as a slang term for heroin, therefore, junkie as a heroin addict. It is, now, commonly used to mean an addict of any drug; though since cannabis is not addictive, it's still not a very good word for a pothead.

I don't think he means to imply that they are. He's either, sarcastically quoting all the spurious reasons people put forward for banning it, and then shouting them down; or, he's giving what he thinks are good reasons for banning it and then sarcastically quoting the people who campaign to legalise it.

This being text with no body language available, it's hard to tell which he meant.

Indeed....

Archived