Fairtrade cannabis

i agree if it isn't prescribed then its abuse if used regular and a junkie is a junkie.

Don't be silly. Are you an alcoholic if you occasionally and responsibly enjoy a glass of wine or two that weren't prescribed by your GP?

Of course not.

Neither are you a 'junkie' if you are an occasional smoker of cannabis or take a couple of E's a few times a year when you go out dancing or, for that matter someone who indulges in a mushroom trip on a yearly basis.

there would be more poverty as they would be growing that crap instead of food :rant:

Considering it is grown anyhow, then would you not think it to be a better option for a percentage of the profit to be donated to feeding the starving or something similar through a network of licensed and regulated people.

Those are not the reasons for legalising it, the reasons for legalising all drugs is to destroy the infrastructure behind them which seeks to promote drug use for profit which as Heyesey rightly says above is the ONLY reason for the illegal drugs trade at present. If there was little or no profit and it was regulated, people would not be under pressure to use them.

In answer to OP, I think we need to get drugs legalised first before any airy fairy fairtrade ideas come into play.

I think the only way to legalise drugs is to set up the airy fairy ideas, put them into practise, show that they can work, make the information available to the general public and let common sense prevail.

Archived