Fairtrade cannabis

There's been stuff in the news this week about how the rainforest in Colombia is being cleared for coca growing. I wonder how many cocaine users consider themselves ethical shoppers for the most part? Perhaps pointing out the dubious moral consequences of cocaine production/consumption would be a way of shutting someone up who was on a boring cokerant? Probably not.

Having tried fairtrade teabags ........ I think i'll give it a missm:hihi:

Ha ha yeah. Would fairtrade cannabis be the "TWIGS AND SEEDS" stuff that was available about ten years or more ago? Think I would prefer "unfair trade" in that case. Ok someone is making a profit......Who cares! Quality speaks for itself. Having said that I dont use it but I dont drink "fair trade CARLING" for the same reasons!!:hihi:

Ha ha yeah. Would fairtrade cannabis be the "TWIGS AND SEEDS" stuff that was available about ten years or more ago? Think I would prefer "unfair trade" in that case. Ok someone is making a profit......Who cares! Quality speaks for itself. Having said that I dont use it but I dont drink "fair trade CARLING" for the same reasons!!:hihi:

:hihi: the only fair trade thing I have tried is the coop chocolate, but tbf it was really nice :P

I have only just read this article and point 10 stands out:

'10. A significant number of low-level UK cannabis retailers who currently claim state benefits would have the opportunity to be brought into the mainstream economy, reducing costs to government and social exclusion.'

I know plenty of people on the dole and DLA who could do that job!

Could we solve the recession at the same time :hihi:

Yeah, shame the article was 7 years ago, and they have been clamping down on it since, downgrading, upgrading, they now have a black belt in "wat weedju du".

Sounds like a sound plan to me though, let the stoners smoke their way out of a recession, let the streets echo the sounds of Bob Marley as they put the chimneys back to use, growing it in the loft ,selling it to the neighbour, using the proceeds to buy their cousins batch, so they can burn it by the ton as firewood, whilst they sit there toasting a loaf of bread to satisfy the munchies from keeping warm.

The native Indians had it good huh.

• 3 years later...

A couple of fair-trade cannabis dealers have been put out of business and jailed for three years!

A couple who ran a cannabis factory and spent their fortune on helping poor African families and charities have been jailed.

Michael Foster, 62, and Susan Cooper, 63, made £400,000 by illegally growing hundreds of plants at their farmhouse home during a six-year operation.

But instead of pocketing the money, they spent a large proportion of it on people in a Kenyan village - paying for life-saving surgery, computers for an eye hospital and schooling for poor children.

Very unfortunate for society as a whole. Fair-trade cannabis growers should not be jailed, nor should people growing personal.

The only criminal here is our backwards 'justice system'.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2219477/Cannabis-factory-couple-gave-400-000-drug-dealing-fortune-poor-Kenyans-jailed-years.html#ixzz29g21Z6Z8

Their cannabis was of high quality.

Considering it is grown anyhow, then would you not think it to be a better option for a percentage of the profit to be donated to feeding the starving or something similar through a network of licensed and regulated people.

This is the manner in which they helped children in the third world amongst others. :)

Id be Quite happy if cannabis was legalised even though id never touch it with a bargepole,as we could use it to boost the economy by legalising it then taxing it to death . Those addicted to it would obviously need their fix ,so the countrys purse would benefit every time a junkie buys their weed.

Id be Quite happy if cannabis was legalised even though id never touch it with a bargepole,as we could use it to boost the economy by legalising it then taxing it to death . Those addicted to it would obviously need their fix ,so the countrys purse would benefit every time a junkie buys their weed.

Those addicted to it? :hihi:

Archived