Recommendations needed for food/bar/club - Sat 29/11

fiver381

My boyfriend and I will be up in Sheffield next weekend and I'm looking for some guidence/advise/recommendations as to where to go out on the Sat night.

Staying on Norfolk Street near the train Station and hoping you can suggest a good restaurant and bar/club to go to in the local area.

Will eat anything bar seafood and looking for something nice and classy but not hideously posh or expensive. In terms of night life, just a decent, lively bar/club with a slightly older crowd, 30's, dancing and drinking.

Hope you can help as at the moment I'm kinda spoilt for choice and without local input it can be a risky game. Thanks.

Hey!!!

Well if your looking for places to eat, Las igunas is really good, and its not too expensive, it ranges from about £8-£18 per main course and it’s a dead lively place also they serve some awsum cocktails!!! That is next to Revolution on West Street.

But I wouldn’t really reccomens West street if your looking for older people as it is the main place where all the students head!! That said Bar Hoi is a great spot, halfway down West Street. There is also some good spots on Division Street.

I would recommend Ecclesall Road, there is both good bars and resturants, Walnut Club on Eccy Road is worth trying the food is amazing and the drinks are good aswel. Ecclesall Road is out of the centre of Sheffield though.

Leopold Square is also really good for resturants, and the bars around that area are really cool, Sylvesters is brilliant they usually have live music on a Saturday night, the drinks are reasonable and the people are always really nice.

And finally if you want to head to a club that has people in their 30’s, Hotpants has to be the clear winner, on a Saturday night it’s a 70’s disco but its always full of 25+ I have been dragged there on several occasions by my older brother who has just turned 30 and it is arguably a good night but ive just never been there with the right people and im only 18 so most of the music played was released about 15 years before I was born!!! But the place always has a good atmosphere and the people are always jeered for a good night, so…. Only thing I will say is im pretty sure its only on two Saturdays a month so if you fancy it just check to make sure its on the weekend your coming to Sheffield.

Obviously it goes on peronnal preference, but I hope that helps you.

Archived