The great big 'complaining about the time post is delivered' thread

because they start earlier on a sat so all post in ready to go earlier and therefore can get out on the streets early.

In the week there is much more to sort and most have to sort others rounds, collapse etc before they are allowed out to do their round.

My bloke is a postman and works bloomin hard! :)

My dad was a postman for over 30 years, and as Mel77 says, they do work bloody hard!

As I remember, he was always finished early on a Saturday.

It may be that they just do a "light" delivery on a saturday.

Our postie is great! We got no problems with ours.

our postie is great just cnt understand the big 3hour gap mind you if i was a postie id wnt to get done quick at the weekend but id want same in the week :hihi:

So you can't understand it even though someone has told you why the post gets delivered earlier on Saturdays.

He said the post gets delivered earlier because they start earlier, and there is also more post to sort during the weekdays than there is on the Saturday. So the postmen start earlier at the depot, and there is less work to do before they leave the depot so they can start their rounds earlier still.

Archived