The great big 'complaining about the time post is delivered' thread

cant believe the post has just arrived at 4.20 pm whats wrong with the royal maill these days ????

I'm willing to bet that if it had not arrived today and instead arrived at 8am tomorrow morning, you wouldn't have started a thread about the post.

What difference does it actually make what time the post arrives? So, you deal with stuff a day later. Slow down.

It makes a big difference if you're actually waiting for something really important - and you knew it was posted first class 3 days ago!!!

When our postman delivered at that time I felt sorry for him. I thought his round must've been more than double its usual size so I asked him if he'd like to have a quick cuppa. He declined saying "no thanks", but could he use our toilet as he'd already had half a dozen cuppas on his round.

Remember when there was 2 posts a day? There was the second post in the afternoon, then there was the first post, which came so early you could never get up before it, like it was delivered by Santa in his off seasons. I remember as a nipper I'd deliver papers in the snow, 6am, and thered already be footprints going in all the gardens as Royal Mail had already been. Then came the lie, that 2nd post was ending, when it was actually first post that stopped, so we're lucky to get post before the kids come home from school.

"Support your local post office" signs adorn the local stations as they fight a loosing battle against more efficient methods of communication, but in exchange for that support we get dimminished service. Whenever I know I need to go to the post office(Hillsborough) my heart sinks, because I know that pretty much whenever I go I better take a book(and I do), because the queue will be beyond reasonable. So watch out for me, standing in queue at Hillsborough, face like a slapped a*se, reading a book and sighing.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived