The great big 'complaining about the time post is delivered' thread

In S11 we get ours from 10:30 until 3:00pm. It's a real drag if I'm expecting an Amazon delivery as it's such a huge window.

Does anyone know why it's so much later than it used to be? I did hear something about H&S, I'm not sure if this is correct or not.

with all due respect though, if your amazon stuff was coming with any other courier the delivery window would still be the same ;)

with all due respect though, if your amazon stuff was coming with any other courier the delivery window would still be the same ;)

It would, true, but I'd know the date at least, whereas with them coming via Royal Mail, it could be one of 3 dates from the notification of despatch date.

ok, i'll take your word for that as i don't use amazon, but granted, "first class next day" cannot be guaranteed by Royal Fail. lol

It's not just about parcels though, imagine waiting for some results or something, you can only write there being no post at all that day off by 3:00pm.

**rolls eyes at postal service**

take last Friday - was expecting a parcel (that i'd arranged re-delivery on) this was a postman parcel not a van parcel. At 8.30am we had a knock on the door with a parcel (it was DS's birthday Sunday). We then waited and waited and waited for the postie. At 2pm gave up as had things to do and left a note asking him to put in the blue box (it didn't need signing for). got home around 4.30 - post on the doormat - NO sign of a parcel at all.

Furious DH was about to go and give them a mouthful on Saturday about the point of re-delivered mail when it isn't re-delivered.

6pm another VAN arrived with 2 parcels on. seems my postie was just too lazy to carry em. but well done RM on actually bothering to get them here on time (i.e. before xmas)

no wheres the parcel someone posted to me from 2 towns away A MONTH ago???

• 2 years later...
Just had our mail delivered - at 18:00

Or is this an early delivery for tomorrow?

Your postie was probably off sick and his walk being covered on overtime. Be grateful you got it at all!

I can't believe people STILL moan about the time they get their post! Does anyone really care anymore?!

Your postie was probably off sick and his walk being covered on overtime. Be grateful you got it at all!

I can't believe people STILL moan about the time they get their post! Does anyone really care anymore?!

I haven't noticed stamps getting any cheaper...

Well aye, they are a rip off (and the cost of sending parcels is now a joke). But the price going up doesn't mean the delivery time will get earlier. It means RM can fill that great big pensions hole.

whats the price of stamps got to do with what time you get your mail?

---------- Post added 29-08-2013 at 19:07 ----------

Well aye, they are a rip off (and the cost of sending parcels is now a joke). But the price going up doesn't mean the delivery time will get earlier. It means RM can fill that great big pensions hole.

there is no pensions 'hole'. the govt took on the pension deficit, again nothing to do with what time your mail is delivered!

Archived