The great big 'complaining about the time post is delivered' thread

I don't like paying more for a worse service. No post until 1715 today.

if you look at what livesage says that might be somewhere near the mark, this means that whoever brought your post at 17:15 probably has already done his/her own round then done another on overtime, so he/she has probably been out on delivery since around 09:30. Long day that!

there is no pensions 'hole'. the govt took on the pension deficit, again nothing to do with what time your mail is delivered!

We got told in our work time learning that thanks to a clerical error made by the people at Pond Street here in good old Sheffield, the pensions are actually billions in the red. I may have misheard, I do tend to spend most of these sessions trying not to nod off. I remember thinking though that I was surprised it hadn't made the news.

Your postie was probably off sick and his walk being covered on overtime. Be grateful you got it at all!

I can't believe people STILL moan about the time they get their post! Does anyone really care anymore?!

I wasn't complaining, simply stating a very late delivery.

It was only for the missus so it was not important.

There's a gap in the posts on this thread from Oct 2010 until now.....presumably everyone on the Forum has been quite happy with their Postie for the last 3 years. Have you seen the amount of Amazon and Ebay packages they now have to lug around? No wonder they leave some for the van - my postie deserves a knighthood.

Just had our mail delivered - at 18:00

Or is this an early delivery for tomorrow?

My mail was so late on Tuesday that it was actually Wednesday lunchtime by the time it arrived. I was so annoyed that I still haven't opened it.

We got told in our work time learning that thanks to a clerical error made by the people at Pond Street here in good old Sheffield, the pensions are actually billions in the red. I may have misheard, I do tend to spend most of these sessions trying not to nod off. I remember thinking though that I was surprised it hadn't made the news.

The 'old' pension was taken over by the Government, it was solvent short term but would have had problems over the next 60 years. In exchange the Government took immediate control of £25b of assets in the fund, to do with as they wish, dole payments, MP's expenses, cruise missiles for Syria etc. It left £2b to fund a less generous pension scheme which is now the norm. Again the administrators says this is solvent in the short term, but will struggle in the longer term. Oh for the days when all pensions private/public were sacrosanct that bloke Maxwell from Mirror Group Newspapers who jumped in the Med after fiddling their pensions has much to answer for now everyone dips their grubby hands in !

Our post is getting later and later each day, today I went to collect my daughter from school at 3 o'clock and had assumed that the post had already gone and there was just nothing for us but when I got back home at 3.30 my post was lying on mat.:rant:

Post at 3.30 is just ridiculous, it was my sons birthday the other week and he never got his cards till he came home from school.:(

I can remember getting woken up in morning by postman, no such luck anymore, what on earth has happened?

the latest i've seen it is just after 6pm. i was just getting home from work and the postman was just putting the mail through!!

Your postie was probably off sick and his walk being covered on overtime. Be grateful you got it at all!

I can't believe people STILL moan about the time they get their post! Does anyone really care anymore?!

Yes- e.g. anyone trying to run a business that relies on the post.

Two solutions:

1. PO Box (but it costs).

2. Arrange to be able to collect your own post if there's a convenient sorting office nearby (and, I think, this service is free).

you said "anything urgent should not be trusted to normal post". the postie is quite capable of delivering urgent mail.

Ah Mr Benn didn't you work at Sheffield lane top as a sub and not for that long years ago and you wouldn`t know how the royal mail operates now anyway

Archived