The great big 'complaining about the time post is delivered' thread

I'm actually spoilt here.......5 days out of 6 it's delivered perfectly as the postman lives on my road and he's a really good bloke. 1 day a week though it can be anytime from 2pm to 4pm and usually ends up getting jammed through your door and torn.

For the jobs they do, in the weather they turn out in - I don't think they get paid enough - but hey ho, that's the way of the world I guess.

Mick :)

as an ex postie i can tell you thec reason your post is so late is due to the fact that posties are not allowed to leave the sorting office till at least 10am now. i used to start at 5 and be out delivering post at 7.30am and post my last letter at around 10am. now they have made it a later start in the morning ,thus causing this problem. also cutbacks in posties hjave meant that some rounds have no postie to deliver them and they have to reley on other posties doing overtime and delivering this mail AFTER they have completed their own walk. please dont blame the postman as none of this this is their fault.its all the doing of the royal mail management.

Thanks for info but for the 2ND time since starting this thread, can I just say that I have never at any time blamed the postman, I know it is not his fault:D

what really cheeses me off is i get a lot of special delivery and they never get to me till 2 - 3 oclock and i have to wait in all day for them gggrrrrrr

special delivery items HAVE to be delivered by 1pm. if they aren't you are entitled to compensation.

also cutbacks in posties hjave meant that some rounds have no postie to deliver them and they have to reley on other posties doing overtime and delivering this mail AFTER they have completed their own walk.

So they save money by not having a postie for the round and then pay another postie overtime rates to deliver the mail? :loopy: :loopy: :loopy:

also cutbacks in posties hjave meant that some rounds have no postie to deliver them and they have to reley on other posties doing overtime and delivering this mail AFTER they have completed their own walk.

So they save money by not having a postie for the round and then pay another postie overtime rates to deliver the mail? :loopy: :loopy: :loopy:

A full duty (work in the delivery office + sorting + delivery) is 8hrs+, but just the delivery on overtime pays less - hence it's cheaper.

I'm not sure some people actually realise this, but we have to start and finish somewhere. If you're at the start you get it early (ish) if you're last you get it late.

There's nothing we can do about it, I wish I could go back to how it was when I finished at 10am (often before) mon-fri and 8am on a saturday, but those days have long gone and will never return.

a postmans job will eventually be a 9 to 5 job just like anybody elses. this is how royal mail see the future. my prediction? we will also be dropping saturday deliveries so it will become a monday to friday job! royal mail will save a fortune as there will be no cover duties, no managers cover duties and no overtime. thats what it all comes down to, saving money! it is only the regulator saying we must keep saturdays for now but watch this space....

Archived