The great big 'complaining about the time post is delivered' thread

Like ive said before my dad was a postie he did the same walk for 7 years, his route was the same he started with just 2 bags of mail then wen he finished that route it was 6 bags, so obviously there is more post nowadays which means more work, just think the junk we reiceve the postie has to go and deliver this to every single house

just as a footnote I picked up my van from the mail centre at 05:20 today and signed it back in again at 15:00. add on 30 minutes for my meal relief which i could not find time to take, 10 hours! And people say posties have a toss off!

Between 1.30-2 PM in the week in S3... I just wish it would come earlier on Saturdays, especially when it's known that Pond St sorting office shuts at dinner (12 PM), the problem is that it comes late, and I've usually gone out, up to Mum and Dad's or to Town or wherever, before then... And it's stuff that needs attention, such as the following week's schedule from my carers, I like to know who's coming and what times you see, cos the numpties at the office keep changing it without telling me.

Is this true? That postmen aren't allowed to leave until X o'clock? If so, who on earth set up that ruling and why?

Monday to Friday we're not allowed to start delivery until the missort van arrives (which has gathered all the mail that the new £6million machine in the mail centre has accidentally sorted to wrong offices).

Then we have to REsort it and we're finally allowed out. This is usually between 10-10:30. They don't do it on Saturdays though for some reason, probably because all the managers want to be done for 3 so they can watch Wednesday/United.

I am at work when our post comes so it must come between 8.45am and 5.50pm. I wish I could sit at home waiting for the postie all day!

I was, however once a postman for a short time and can tell you now that its not an easy job at all. Theres an awful lot of junk to deliver too.

• 1 month later...

I'm experiencing a real problem with post here in S6, we seem to get a different postie every week and a different time slot to go with it.

At the moment, we can't guarantee that we'll actually receive what we're sent!

I know of at least 5 different things posted early last week on a mixture of both 1st and 2nd class stamps that haven't arrived although the boring stuff like obvious bills are coming through.

Is anyone else noticing the same thing?

Archived