Educational audio books

Since using all my minutes up (again) on my contract I've turned to audio books to solve my boredom.

I've been listening to Richard Hammond's book, although its good I can't help feeling I could be learning something in this time instead.

Can anyone suggest any good educational audio books? Things like Biology, biochemistry etc?

I've always found that The Teaching Company audiobooks are really good if you want education stuff. They're a series of university lectures on whatever topic you can think of, starting with general introductions to the topics and getting increasingly more complex.

http://www.teach12.com/storex/courses.aspx?t=B%25&sl=&TDet=%20By%20Title&fMode=s

One thing they're aren't is cheap though...

• 4 years later...
Since using all my minutes up (again) on my contract I've turned to audio books to solve my boredom.

I've been listening to Richard Hammond's book, although its good I can't help feeling I could be learning something in this time instead.

Can anyone suggest any good educational audio books? Things like Biology, biochemistry etc?

I know this is an old thread Peaches but are you still after some educational books or audio books? I'm clearing out my stash of books and I know some will be wasted at my charity shop, hence this post. I know course content changes over the years but the basic facts don't. There are the items I have:

I have quite a lot of books on Greek language starting from the basics onwards to different tenses etc. There are two or three audio sets/courses (all tapes as these are easier to repeat/play back bits than CDs). Various dictionaries and books. I would prefer you to make a small donation to charity yourself if you want these as there is quite a few.

These below are all FOC for collection from Dinnington S25.

Chemistry. Two books about BTEC ONC/OND/A level

Mamalian physiology BTEC level ONC/OND

These might be advanced for you if you haven't studied Science:

Basic water treatment. Used early in in my degree course

Two Scientific dictionaries, on more environmental terminology

Seems a shame for them to go in the bin.

Also found another book. Pocket guide rocks & minerals. Nice pictures, short simple explanation with each picture. Don't need to be a geologist to enjoy this book.

If you can settle for podcasts there is a great podcast called Naked Scientists and basically amongst just being a general science podcast there is a Q&A show in which listeners call up live with any science question and the Doctors will attempt to answer it.

Why don't cats go gray

Why do wounds itch

Do we really need 8 glasses of water a day

How do painkillers work

Just random stuff like that really.

So these are the random questions from callers and this is the more in depth stuff.

Archived