Weekend plan - ideas needed

Cyclone

This weekend my SO is going off for a henweekend.

This leaves me at a loose end Sat afternoon, and I'd like to do something fun.

Apart from paintballing and gokarting, which I don't think i can be bothered with, can anyone suggest anything.

Currently the best idea is an afternoon of 4 player halo2 then going out for a drink.

Which leeds to the second question. Rather than making our usual trip around the town centre, i fancy going somewhere a little bit more upmarket, can anyone suggest anywhere?

These bars certainly aren't 'upmarket' but they're more expensive than the others around.

The Ruskin - good wine list

All Bar One - reasonable wines, good beers

Ha Ha Bar - the mother of all G&T's (Bombay Sapphire and loads of fresh lime)

There's a few to get you started!

Originally posted by Cyclone

Currently the best idea is an afternoon of 4 player halo2 then going out for a drink.

Which leeds to the second question. Rather than making our usual trip around the town centre, i fancy going somewhere a little bit more upmarket, can anyone suggest anywhere?

Halo 2! Get 2 Xbox's and 2 TV's, connect them with a bit of crossover cable and have 2 vs. 2! We spent about 14 hours solid doing that the other weekend! Spend afternoon doing that with a few cans, book a meal at Bahn Thai (or other, if you don't like Thai food) for about 7.30pm and head into town after!

Hey, if your feeling adventurous and energetic, you could always go into the peak, which is soo near to us.. and go for a brisk walk or clamber among the boulders. i love going to the peak and go out most weekends...

also bar ha ha is a classy bar, with some cool cocktails! x

Originally posted by GazB

Halo 2! Get 2 Xbox's and 2 TV's, connect them with a bit of crossover cable and have 2 vs. 2! We spent about 14 hours solid doing that the other weekend! Spend afternoon doing that with a few cans, book a meal at Bahn Thai (or other, if you don't like Thai food) for about 7.30pm and head into town after!

that's the current plan, xbox wise that is.

Originally posted by Charlie01

Hey, if your feeling adventurous and energetic, you could always go into the peak, which is soo near to us.. and go for a brisk walk or clamber among the boulders. i love going to the peak and go out most weekends...

also bar ha ha is a classy bar, with some cool cocktails! x

haven't they forecast sleat and possibly snow for the weekend, more fun when the weathers nice I think that one.

• 2 months later...
Originally posted by Cyclone

This weekend my SO is going off for a henweekend.

This leaves me at a loose end Sat afternoon, and I'd like to do something fun.

Apart from paintballing and gokarting, which I don't think i can be bothered with, can anyone suggest anything.

What's an SO - Standing Order?

Alex - :)

Archived