Living Room Bar

Chalky

Originally posted by pontious

Sorry boys and girls but its bars like them that end up destroying top pubs like the 'old' Hallamshire on West St, whoever had the bright idea of turning that place into what it is now *SPITS* needs their bowels removing with a rusty blunt spoon!:evil:

True words, mate, but not just the Hallamshire - every single pub in West St. It used to be one of the best pub crawls in the city, now it's just cack. Progress? Who needs it?

Speaking of modern looking pubs.. Anyone know what is being constructed in the former 'National Centre for Popular Music' building?

They've polished the exterior, and built a bar inside the one 'pod' for lack of a better term.

Originally posted by rlloyd

Speaking of modern looking pubs.. Anyone know what is being constructed in the former 'National Centre for Popular Music' building?

They've polished the exterior, and built a bar inside the one 'pod' for lack of a better term.

It's the new Hallam Student Union as far as I know. Shame they stopped using it as a nightclub, it was great :)

I do agree that turning the Hallamshire into the BRB was wholly inappropriate and looks a disgrace. This is a heritage pub building and should not have been allowed.

This is not to say I am against bars of that style, as just up the road is Muse, where they have turned a crappy Irish theme pub into a very smart bar with character, and just for the quality finish they even sell real beer.

Archived